Best chocolate flavoured protein powder in the UK?

Options
Apologies if this has been asked before but which brand do you think is the best tasting? I'm also slightly confused about the whey based versus the soy based powder. I want to increase my protein, decrease my carbs and lose weight and this feels like a good way to do it. Thanks for any advice

Replies

• Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I usually buy X-Tone from Home Bargains for £13 with 24.4g protein per 30g (1 scoop) and 30% whey. It's not too sweet tasting but does contain a sweetener that's not too odd tasting. The only bug bear is that it doesn't mix that well, even in the matching X-Tone mixer bottle with a metal spiral to bash away at it.

Whey powder, according to this brand, is very rich in branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) that helps to fuel the body before, during & after exercise.

Strangely, info online gives nutritional information on a 25g scoop and not 30g?.....

Typical Value Per 100g Per 25g serving
    Energy (kJ) 1769 442
    Energy (kcal) 419 105
    Protein (g) 82.0 20.5
    Fat (g) 4.8 1.2
    Saturates 3.5 0.9
    Carbohydrate (g) 5.0 1.3
    Salt (g) 0.29 0.07
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard whey.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia, but buy my protein powder from Myprotein which is UK based. My favourite flavour is whey impact isolate chocolate/peanut butter flavour.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I like myprotien too

Ive tried a few of thiers. Some like the jam roly poly and the cookies and cream i find disgustingly sweet but chocolate was fine
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I shall have a look for those
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Matrix is amazing. They have gorgeous flavours too.