Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    There are no weight loss smoothies, foods or any other weight loss substances that you ingest that make any practical difference to your weight loss (at least nothing legal).

It's generally better to eat your calories instead of drinking them, but some people like the convenience of a smoothie and being able to drink it on the go. If that's what you mean, a nicely balanced meal replacement smoothie would contain some fiber (like vegetables or bran), some fat (like flax seeds or nut butters), some protein (like eggs, protein powder, or Greek yogurt), some flavorings that would make it pleasant to drink (like your choice of fruits, extracts, or sugar/sweetener), and has appropriate calories to fit your daily budget.

If you think you need to drink smoothies for weight loss or that they would help you with weight loss beyond convenience, don't bother. Weight loss is simply a function of calories and sustainability.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There's nothing. If you're needing a smoothie for a meal replacement as something quick to grab, they're easy. I don't have much time in the mornings so I make one that I drink on my long drive to work, plus I'll eat maybe so fruit later at work. But mine are usually the same thing

8oz water
    1tsp bee pollen
    1tbsp chia seeds
    1tbsp coconut oil
    1 scoop greens powder (or just throw in a hand full of spinach or kale or something along those lines)
    1 cup frozen fruit

It's quick and easy. You can modify it too and add protein powder or other things too. Pinterest is a great resource as well
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I LOVE QUEST IN THE SALTED CARAMEL FLAVOR..100 CALORIES..20 GRAMS PROTEIN. I MIX WITH ALMOND MILK, VANILLA UNSWEETENED, SPINACH,,HANDFUL, 3 OZ. PINEAPPLE AND BANANA USUALLY 140GRAMS. BLEND, I FREEZE AND TAKE WITH ME FOR LUNCH. SO DELISH IT IS ABOUT 300 CALORIES OR SO. FEELS LIKE I AM EATING ICE CREAM.
    I ALSO LOVE THE QUEST COOKIES AND CREAM, GNC LEAN BURN FIT. I LOOK AT INGREDIANT'S AND MAKE SURE IT IS NOT JUNK. GOOD LUCK.. I FIND THESE PRODUCTS AT GNC.