are there any beachbody coaches here?

Options
I have some questions regarding the on demand program...is there anyone that can help?

Replies

• mrscandyv
    mrscandyv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    There are coaches salesman everywhere for this junk. Any particular reason why you think you need it?

Edit to add 'coaches' are sales people. No special training. The workouts may be OK - Just don't get pressured into the shakes other nonsense.

I need to find a workout that I can do at home...preferably 5am while kids and dh are still sleeping. I thought that the on demand would be something with variety
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    mrscandyv wrote: »
    There are coaches salesman everywhere for this junk. Any particular reason why you think you need it?

Edit to add 'coaches' are sales people. No special training. The workouts may be OK - Just don't get pressured into the shakes other nonsense.

I need to find a workout that I can do at home...preferably 5am while kids and dh are still sleeping. I thought that the on demand would be something with variety

I haven't tried them but they seem to be as good as any. Just be careful with the coaches. :D

There are also tons of videos on Youtube and other places.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    For a couple weeks I used Daily Burn and found it fun and varied.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv is pretty good. They post on fb regularly and have real time workouts you can recall.
  • ormanator65
    ormanator65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not a coach, but I have been utilizing beachbody programs for about 5 years. I just started Beachbody on demand in January. It is great; since you have all the workouts available to you.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about FitnessBlender as well, and I believe it's free (don't quote me on it though, I haven't used it).
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not a coach, but I love the on demand program and use it exactly as you described (5AM while everyone is still asleep). I'm on week 5 of Insanity. You don't have to purchase Shakeology, which costs extra. I don't do the shakes, just the workouts. It's about $100 per year and you have access to all of their programs.
  • HoustonStrongMT
    HoustonStrongMT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also do beachbody on demand but I'm not a coach. I don't do shakes or anything - just the workouts. I'm on my 3rd week of Piyo and really like it.
  • dewd2
    Options
    ^^^ See what I mean about the sales people ^^^

They all come out when they smell blood. :) This alone should warn you away.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

Who is a sales person? I only saw people who do the workouts but don't drink shakes commenting.

To OP - I love the Insanity programs and have considered on demand but I enjoy lifting a few days a week now at the gym and decided not to add anything else right now. It seems like a good deal though if you don't have a gym and are looking for a variety of challenging home work outs
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    You can sign up online without a coach too
  • mrscandyv
    mrscandyv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I purchased the all access, without the shakes or containers or challenge groups...I did sign up under a friend, just to give her credit. Going to start something tomorrow morning. What is a good starter program?
  • kerrimeng4
    kerrimeng4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started with T25. With two kids and a full time job it was perfect to ease into the workout world. 25 minutes a day and a good burn. I'm now on Insanity Max 30 and absolutely love it. I just have the dvds right now but thinking about the all access. Let me know how you like it
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    A lot of beginners like 21 day fix workout.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I purchased the all access, without the shakes or containers or challenge groups...I did sign up under a friend, just to give her credit. Going to start something tomorrow morning. What is a good starter program

P90X3, T25, Insanity Max 30 all have modifiers that are on screen in case you can't do the main exercises. Personally I started with T25 and did it all 3 phases numerous times before moving on to Insanity and then Body Beast and P90X. Thing with T25 though is the first phase (Alpha) is a bigtime assault on the legs and core so if you are going from couch to workout it could be a tough transition for you. It also doesn't have a warm up so I'd suggest doing the Cold Start warm up included in P90X3 which is only 10 mins. Years later I still throw it on to get the blood flowing.

So to answer your question kind of depends. If you have been sporadically working out and are just looking for a program to jump into I'd go with T25. If you are going couch to workout P90X3. If you are advanced and want a challenge right away and have the time Insanity. If you are advanced and are crunched for time Insanity Max 30. If you are looking for weights and heavy resistance training Body Beast, P90X. Kind of want a big mix of it all Hammer and Chisel. :#

• princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not a coach - but I do have the All Access BOD. I am scared to go to a gym, and I like to workout when the kids are still sleeping in the mornings. So this is perfect for me.

In the last year or so, I've completed CIZE, Core de Force and two rounds of 21 Day fix. Plus right now I am about halfway through P90. (Not P90X, just P90 as I am still in the beginner/intermediate stage of my fitness). I have had the best results with 21 Day Fix.

Other programs I have done sample workouts and enjoyed are T25, Country heat, and 22 minute hard corps. I've even done a few of the Tai Cheng workouts when I had a fibromyalgia flareup.

Also something FUN to know - If you take the challenge on the beachbody website when you start a new program, you can upload your before/after pics once you finish a program and they send you a free tshirt!!! For a company that likes to take your money - I will gladly take free tshirts lol!

Have fun!!!!

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Wow buddy...I get the disdain for BB Coaches and I even share it, but the people you were calling out were just giving helpful advice without even a hint of a sales pitch.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I purchased the all access, without the shakes or containers or challenge groups...I did sign up under a friend, just to give her credit. Going to start something tomorrow morning. What is a good starter program?

Another T25 lover here. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Once I gave myself permission to follow the modifier then my life got better. I have only done Alpha and Beta though but regardless I like the 25 minutes, I like Shaun's energy and I like the way the program is set up. :+1:
  • dewd2
    edited May 2017
    Options

Wow buddy...I get the disdain for BB Coaches and I even share it, but the people you were calling out were just giving helpful advice without even a hint of a sales pitch.

Really? Someone shows up with 1 post just for this and then goes away? Whatever... I'd bet there's been more than a few messages from these folks (possibly using different names, but the same ones). At any rate, the OP is now aware. What they decide to do is their business.