HappyScale App Saved my life... or at least my sanity.

Options
Seriously... being able to see the scale go up for a couple days without losing my mind because I see it's all on a losing trend. Having mini goals set and percentages calculated each day.

Anyone else in love with this app?? :)

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • seantnash
    seantnash Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love it too :)
  • Spiritualengr
    Spiritualengr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using TrendWeight for close to 3 years now. Looks similar to this app, maybe a little more in-depth analysis. Really good insights and it connects to your Fitbit Aria or Withings Body Scale if you happen to have one of those. Manual input works just as well.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Love Happy Scale, it is really well done for all the reasons you list. I ended up paying the small charge for the Premium app for the extra features, but the free version worked well also. I won't go back to weekly weighing, daily weighing with the moving trend works for me!

I recently went out of town a few days, and gained a few pounds (darn sodium). Kept logging and a week later that weight is gone and then some, and my trend is still downward. In years past I had the tendency to give up when the scale showed a gain (personal weakness of mine). The TREND is now what I look at, as long as it is down at a rate around what I expect, I am good with that!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Now that I have a smart phone, I may have to try this. When I weighed daily I charted in Excel. I think it would behoove me to go back to weighing daily.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Now that I have a smart phone, I may have to try this. When I weighed daily I charted in Excel. I think it would behoove me to go back to weighing daily.

If you are a data junkie it is great.... the default is a 14-day moving average so it takes a little time to get the initial info in there. But it gives you a LOT of information.
  • lhadleyucf
    lhadleyucf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been using TrendWeight for close to 3 years now. Looks similar to this app, maybe a little more in-depth analysis. Really good insights and it connects to your Fitbit Aria or Withings Body Scale if you happen to have one of those. Manual input works just as well.

Okay I'm now in love with this site - it seems even less affected by day to day fluctuations and I love the calorie estimates at the bottom. Seems like more realistic projections than happyscale as well. I'll probably end up using both :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Some days when I get on the scale I think..... Happy Scale ain't gonna be so happy today and then red boxes happen. But seriously, yes. It's a great app.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I liked Libra better (I switched from Droid to iPhone a few months ago) but in general I love the data and seeing the trends. Sometimes their math makes no sense to me though. ;)
  • burnsda1
    burnsda1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been a weekly for two years now. I've just switch to daily weights and I'm much happier with it. so if I see it go up after a binge day. It reinforces that I need to drink more water move more stay on track. I like the graphs in this app. but will look at those other two apps. I could really see the sodium amount I take and how low my potassium intake was. I've started supplementing with potassium and it has helped offset the sodium so I'm not retaining so much water. So not so many up and down days. And I attribute that to this app and the daily weights
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I use Libra because I'm android but this has saved my sanity. I don't log progress in mfp unless the number has gone down for the week and stayed down a few days. Although yesterday I was up 1.5 and then down the 1.5 this morning. So weird lol