Cabbage Soup Diet

Options
Hi, My cousin in on the Cabbage Soup diet, and is trying to convince me to try it. I am wondering whether anyone here has tried it? If so, what is your opinion? Thanks.

Replies

• Nery09
    Nery09 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, My cousin in on the Cabbage Soup diet, and is trying to convince me to try it. I am wondering whether anyone here has tried it? If so, what is your opinion? Thanks.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Limiting yourself to a set food or eliminating other food groups is a bad idea.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    well if you're doing just the diet alone, ya it's a starvation diet. i mean, there's no protein at all. so basically you're going to lose a bunch of water weight and muscle. then when you come off this diet, you'll gain the weight back within few days of eating normal.

now, i know someone who made the soup recipe from this diet and still ate like normal. Example: ate 3 meals a day but ate the soup as a snack.
  • valina
    Options
    I thought the diet was a great crutch to getting my weight loss started. This site was helpful and provided info on adding protein and various versions of the soup, http://www.successful-diet-cabbage-soup.com/index.html

I lost 7 lbs during the 7 days and never went hungry. It really did just what I wanted, got me started in a low-fat eatting program while inspiring me to continue with a low-fat diet to reach my weightloss goals. It's been 2-weeks and not only have I kept the weight off, I've lost another 2 lbs.
    Give it a try and let us know how you do.