In Need of A Major Change

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new & would love to meet new friends. I am really in need of some motivation. I have been on this weight loss journey for a very long time, only to be at the same weight years later. I would really love to get some advice on finding an eating/exercise routine when working 3rd shift. Can't wait to hear from you all.

Replies

• zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Welcome... this place is brilliant for support and motivation:)
  • nursenicole
    nursenicole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, what do you do for your workouts? I find that changing your workouts to keep things interesting as well as keeping your body confused so it is forced to change works. It also depends alot on your diet. So what is a days worth of calories like for you? I know it is frustrating to be stuck, but it is also good to set mini goals for yourself to achieve. Once you achieve those mini goals than you motivate your self more too. Another good thing to do is be a part of a community such as this or have some workout buddies that hold you accountable for working out each day. It is nice to have someone there who pushes you and motivates you to continue doing the workouts. They are also there for support when you need help or just cheer for you when your doing good or have a positive moment.
  • luv2runsgf
    luv2runsgf Posts: 48
    Options
    Welcome! One of the important things I learned when I worked 3rd shift (many years ago) was that I needed to make sure I got enough sleep - 6 to 7 hours in my case - and to pack my meals in advance. Vending machines and 24 hour fast food restaurants are way too convenient otherwise.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: you are gonna love it here... Add me if you like...
  • sandycheeks71
    Options
    Hi am am new on here too. I am a diabetic and have been for several years, I am trying to make some positive changes in my life to make myself healthier. Any suggestions would be welcome. I probably won't start the working out part until next week though. I was in a car accident Sat. and got pretty banged up so I am really sore and hurting.