Gaining when I should be losing? It's driving me mental.

Options
So week 3 and I am gaining weight - help!

I have been trying to lose the same 6kg the whole year without much luck! I've tried the eat less exercise more, the south beach diet (a la vegetarian style), I cut back on my drinking, my chocolate eating and now doing the calorie counting. I run (slowly) at least 3 times a week and try do yogo once a week. I eat my exercise calories and have had maybe 2 bad but not overly bad days in two weeks. Surely they cannot ruin 2 weeks of good calorie counted eating and exercise. I dont think it's muscle weight either as I have been running constantly for at least a year now.

Any suggestions on what i can do to get the scale going the other way will be greatly appreciated. Besides calrie counting what diets work best for vegetarians (no meat or eggs)??

I'm beginning to lack motivation! :sad:

Replies

• clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Could it be water weight? You could try absolutely stuffing yourself with vegetables and water for a few days and see if that moves the scale. The day after I have a bad day I sometimes feel sluggish and clogged with salt/fat and want nothing more than a giant platter of raw veggies.
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try not to eat back some of your Cals gained through exersize. You will hold onto water it weighs the same as fat.
    Remember it takes time keep going.
    I have a week no loss then 5lbs week after...
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been on other fad diets it can sometimes take up to a month for your body to start realising its going to get food reguarly and it doesn't need to hold on to it. Drink lots of water, maybe some lemon water first to move some toxins. And another tip try eat foods that are higher in protein as you prob already know they give you a thermal effect.