Doing it the right way for the first time

Options
Hello all,

my name is Georgia, I'm 19 years old and I want to give a brief overview of myself and why I'm here.
I'm eager to make friends here that will keep me committed and motivated.
I have had a poor relationship with food since the age of 13, where I developed and was diagnosed with various eating disorders (restrictive bulimia, EDNOS and body dysmorphia disorder). I have been in self-recovery, properly, for over a year now and I'm now at a position in my life where my relationship with food is no longer a threat to my mental health or wellbeing.
While I am recovered, I have unfortunately gained quite a hefty amount of weight, unfortunately tippling me into the overweight range.

Rather than my choices before that were tainted by my mental disorders, I now want to lose the weight for myself, to be an inspiration to my younger siblings and family and to look into the mirror and see a reflection that I am happy with. I will be aiming to train up to and compete in 5K+ runs, my main goal being the Race for Life next year, where I wish to be in good enough shape to run on behalf of my family and to raise money for a cause so near to our hearts.

I am seeking encouragement and friendship and I don't know what else to say, so sorry if this comes across as a little awkward, but hi!

Replies

• TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Georgia,

You sound like you have a lot of mental strength, and should be completely capable of achieving your goals.

Tom
  • geebeautyxo
    geebeautyxo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much, Tom!

I certainly hope so :)
  • dollyvee
    dollyvee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We got this ❤ you can add my snap dancingdollies ! We can be fit buddies lol
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time there is a lot of good information here and support, do it for you and you will do it - and remember anything worthwhile takes a lot of work!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good luck, this app while tricky for me has really changed the way I eat and think over my meals.

Keep logging them in and working hard
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    5K+?! Jesus I can barely do 5 minutes on a treadmill. :p Anyone who can get thru battles with mental illness are strong peeples which is what it takes to change your body, because half the battle is in thinking the right way.
  • geebeautyxo
    geebeautyxo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone, it really means so much :)