I hate squats

Options
Does anyone have any good booty exercise I hate squats I do them but I don't want big thighs to get the booty round

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    According to a friend of mine... Flutter kicks
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Look up Whitney Simmons on Youtube. She has some great workouts posted on there and many of them are glute focused.
  • kmaf2018
    kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Im not keen on barbell back squats, however I do like goblet squats and for the booty I like walking lunges, bulgarian split squats and glute bridges
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

This.

And why would you think squats give you big thighs? If you are losing weight, you aren't going to gain really any muscle. So if you have big thighs, it's fat and genetic.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and variations are considered top shelf by experts who actually lift.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Glute bridge, hip thrusts, and deadlifts are all great. I also like donkey kicks and fire hydrants to hit the upper part of the butt and the side/hip (saddlebag) area. Kettle bell swings also activate the glutes and lower back.
  • beavsoccer19
    beavsoccer19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good booty exercise I hate squats I do them but I don't want big thighs to get the booty round

Try to fatigue your quadriceps (thighs) with exercises like leg extensions before doing the actual squat. If your quads are tired then your synergistic muscles will kick in and take over the brunt work, that way your hamstrings and butt will get more a workout from the squats then your thighs. Make sure to keep proper form though!

• dudemeister2014
    dudemeister2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Glute bridges and weighted hip thrusts, wide stance walking lunges supersetted with landmine squats etc. The list is long.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I hate squats too but there really isn't an adequate substitute for doing a heavy barbell squat.

Nothing suggested above can fully replicate the movement, which is why I do them even though I hate doing them.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I hate squats too but there really isn't an adequate substitute for doing a heavy barbell squat.

Nothing suggested above can fully replicate the movement, which is why I do them even though I hate doing them.

The thing is OP isn't looking for a substitute, but more a glute focused exercise with less emphasis on the rest of the leg (at least that's what I understood).