How do you celebrate your milestones?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I am a month or so into maintenance and I realised I never did. Aside from cheering myself and feeling really damn good when I got to GW I mean. I guess I always felt like getting to healthy weight was literally the least I could do for myself and I shouldn't be so pleased about it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I think I might buy a new bike for getting to 240.

Yup. Picked up a Hybrid I can use to commute to work as well as ride on easy trails. Keeping my other bike for cruising.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I bought a ring when I dropped below 200, but that was it. If I want something, I usually just buy it.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I like to get/do things that are fitness related, but typically for just big milestones. I'm cheap, so I probably wouldn't do these things otherwise. I got an indoor bike trainer when I reached "overweight" BMI. I signed up for a rowing class when I hit Onederland. My next goal is to reach a healthy body fat percentage, which will be a nice daypack for hiking. Then all that's left is my final goal, which I'm considering celebrating with a kayak. I shall name it "78 Pounds". :)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    A coffee lol

I already buy books and clothes as and when i feel like it
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs and have maintained the loss for a year, but never did buy myself anything as a reward.

Nothing ever comes close to the reward of achieving goals you've set yourself.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    My sole celebration today for reaching a major milestone, was posting on the success forum here. Also a little bit of bragging to friends who think I don't eat enough (lol).

Not everyone agrees with me, but I don't see being a healthy weight as something to reward yourself for, I see it as a personal responsibility to myself to gain good health. However if rewards at milestones help motivate you and keep you on track, then that is absolutely what you should do. Remember we are all different and unique, so do what works for you!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    praykathy wrote: »
    I've decided!! (Original poster here)

I really like dresses & skirts. I'm not very girly...more formal-like. I now proclaim my first reward! When I loose another pant size, I will buy a casual skirt that I can wear out to movies, theatre, dinner, or church.

I look forward to it!

Well, my dear, let me introduce you to modcloth.com!
  • ad28517
    ad28517 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I bought a great-smelling shampoo, but it is a little pricey, so I reward myself after a hard workout by using it (Origins, Ginger Up).

For bigger goals, I may get a (free) makeover at Ulta/Sephora or a fresh haircut. I also tend to buy small fitness-related items like a weighted vest or a sports bras.

I am planning a clothing swap with my local hairdresser - the clothes may not be brand new (although some of my pants that are now too big still have tags one them) but they will be new to me! This also gives us a reason to have a ladies night. Plus I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothing in a transitional size.
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    praykathy wrote: »
    I've decided!! (Original poster here)

I really like dresses & skirts. I'm not very girly...more formal-like. I like dresses & skirts to wear to movies or dinner out or church. I do not own any now. I'm strictly a pants-girl for whatever the occasion. In fact, I really like formal cultural events--theatre, ballet, etc. But, I haven't gone for years. Part of the fun for me is dressing up, but not at this size.

As I grew in pant sizes, I choose not to spend money of dresses or skirts. My husband & children even think this is sad. They like me in dresses & skirts, 'cuz they know I like it. My daughter has my taste in expensive entertainment, but I only take them to community plays. Partly 'cuz of the money. Partly 'cuz I don't get to dress up.

Hear Yea! Hear Yea! I now proclaim my first reward! When I loose another pant size, I will buy a casual skirt that I can wear out to movies, theatre, dinner, or church.

I look forward to it!

I do this! New Lularoe dresses! They are expensive, but I'm supporting a small business and it really feels like an indulgence. They work great for church and work.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I buy new clothes!
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate at all. I may be proud of myself and post somewhere about reaching my goal.. but that's about it.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I haven't celebrated losing but i do plan on celebrating when I get to my ultimate goal. I'm getting a tattoo (: I have it narrowed down to 3 different ones!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    New clothes!