Introduction to help motivation

Options
I've had an account on here for some time but sadly dropped off and stopped recording. I've decided to try and give it another go, more so to motivate myself as well as record my accomplishments and my not-so-good moments. I'll start here:

My name is Chris. I'm 31 and weigh in at around 205 lbs. I've had a job for the past 13 years that has required me to be somewhat in shape, but have had trouble staying motivated over the past few years and it shows around my stomach. I've always loved running but struggle to find innovative ways to make it interesting unless I find someone to run with. Same goes for strength training, but I do a bit better there on my own. My goal is to get in shape for my wedding next year as well as maintain a healthy lifestyle for my future family. I'd like to look back next year at this post and really see how far I've come. I mostly just wanted to send a quick hello to everyone here who are trying to better themselves or stay healthy. it is truly inspiring to myself and others and I'm looking forward to being more active on here, as well as in the gym!

Replies

• fallonecohen
    fallonecohen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, Chris. Great job getting on here and reaching out. I used to long distance run and lift, but before it became habit it was so hard to be motivated. I also used to eat really clean.

Some things happened in my life, and I lost the motivation to continue my routine. After two years of no exercise and eating crap- I'm back to change my ways.

This is my first time on the forum, and I sort of chose your introduction at random. We're about the same age. I guess I'd like to point out how consistently great you'll feel when this becomes routine.

My husband doesn't work out, and isn't interested in eating healtfully- so it's really hard for me to do alone. So I'm just here to support others, and hope that a few motivating words might also make their way to me.
  • Xceptional
    Xceptional Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, Chris. Great job getting on here and reaching out. I used to long distance run and lift, but before it became habit it was so hard to be motivated. I also used to eat really clean.

Some things happened in my life, and I lost the motivation to continue my routine. After two years of no exercise and eating crap- I'm back to change my ways.

This is my first time on the forum, and I sort of chose your introduction at random. We're about the same age. I guess I'd like to point out how consistently great you'll feel when this becomes routine.

My husband doesn't work out, and isn't interested in eating healtfully- so it's really hard for me to do alone. So I'm just here to support others, and hope that a few motivating words might also make their way to me.

Thank you for the response and welcome back to the community. It's great to hear that you're looking to try and get healthy again and I'm here to help support you as well if you ever need it! That has been the biggest downfall for me over the past few years, especially keeping friends and family interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I look forward to creating friendships on here and being a beneficial part to others who are also seeking the help and support that we are. I'll send you a friend request and hopefully we can continue to motivate each other in the future.
  • fallonecohen
    fallonecohen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another idea that I had to keep activity up- I love the outdoors, but didn't have rugged footwear. Treated myself to a pair of Ecco gore-tex hiking boots. Just got them today and they are so sweet. Going hiking with a friend soon, and I'll find other outdoor adventures to pursue. Just an idea in the event that you like exploring.
  • Xceptional
    Xceptional Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I live in Colorado and love hiking. This summer is going to be full of adventures on some of the wonderful trails they have around here. I'm hoping to get a camping trip or two in before October but we'll see. I agree though, get out there and get some sun!