Struggling.

Options
Hi all,
I'm sure you all have been here. I have absolutely no motivation and have stopped caring.
Im still working out, but I've given up doing work in the food department. I'm just not sure where this leaves me, I've been like this since the new year. I don't know if it's because I'm in 6 really hard classes and working part time and just super stressed out from running around non stop, and when I want to chill I just watch Netflix and enjoy eating because it makes me feel good and allows me to forget for a brief second about all the *kitten* I have to do.
Just curious if anyone has been through a similar situation and how you got out of it.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Absolutely been there!! It's normal... and when your busy it's even harder! But you are still working out which is a plus ! Now for food, what I do is out of sight out of mind.
    Don't buy junk
  • mar_pow
    mar_pow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks all
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just ask yourself how bad do you want to reach your goals.

It's all up to you. It's within your reach. The more things that you do correctly, the more momentum you will gain to keep going at it.

How bad do you want to reach your goals? Just do what needs to be done.

I think if you were to stay on track in your Fitness and your diet, it may help you with your stress levels as well. Perhaps the accomplishment will improve your mood overall.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be easy. You can do it though.
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Maybe ease yourself back into it so that it won't feel like such a huge task. Go back to tracking your lunch and dinner but go bananas with breakfast, or pick some other meal to still do whatever with. Or pick one thing you've started eating again, like pizza or fizzy drinks or whatever it might be, and cut that back out. Pick one thing at the time to change instead of everything at once if you feel like that's too overwhelming at the moment with everything else you have going on.

You're still working out and that's great, but with all that hard work, your results won't be as striking unless you follow it up with some effort in the kitchen too. So really, you deserve a great diet to go along with your great effort in the gym. Maybe if you look at it that way, eating healthy won't feel like a punishment, but a way to treat yourself to the best results you can have?
  • JessicaNeish
    JessicaNeish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently going through the same struggle. I just make sure I log all foods and it gives me a bit of scare of how many calories are in a small chocolate or couple Pringles. Just slowly cut down portions of what you eating or cut out one thing at a time. My downfall is fizzy drinks which are very addictive
  • mar_pow
    Options
    So grateful for you all. Thanks for all the advise but now it's up to me to make a conscious decision. Thanks again.
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Giiiiiirl. We're in the same boat right now. I'll have a day where I log religiously and dedicate myself to good nutrition. Then I have some days where I just want to give up. I'm not really sure the solution. I wish I did. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this struggle :)
  • SteadyDoinIt281
    SteadyDoinIt281 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just like everything in life, there are ebbs and flows.

Don't beat yourself up for loving all kinds of foods (and sometimes eating too much). Don't kill yourself in trying to eat perfectly either. Enjoy yourself in moderation most of the time and in excess on occasion.

Life is about continuous learning, adaptation, and understanding. Keep it in mind that when you are in a valley, there is most certainly a peak around the corner. Likewise, when you are on top of a peak, understand that you will soon face another tough stretch. After all, if you never felt the tough times, how would you be able to truly experience the best ones?
  • bethprovencher
    bethprovencher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I'm a believer in 'everything in moderation'. I have had some serious health issues and been stuck in bed for nearly 3 yrs. I have beat cancer 2 times and as a 34 year old mom I have so many peaks to fight for.
  • stewa287
    stewa287 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definitely been there! Went to school for a lot of years, but now, I work like a dog and have a daughter who is getting to the age of wanting to do EVERY activity. Keep your eyes on the prize. It doesn't matter if your goal is losing weight or just maintaining a healthy lifestyle, remember that a healthy body fuels a healthy brain. Classes can be tough, but they always come to an end. Remember to take time to love yourself and love your friends & family. You deserve it. Keep persevering. You've got this. You will be awesome.
  • mar_pow
    Options
    Y'all!!!! I just read all of these comments. Thank you all so so much for the love and support, it really feels good to know you guys are out there, going through life, just like me. Grateful!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am there right now. One day a couple years ago, I woke up and decided I was going to change my life and habits. I jumped right in and lost over 30 pounds. I ate right, tracked EVERYTHING, never missed a workout and felt absolutely great. Somewhere along the way, I lost it. I work full time, have 3 busy kids and was working on my master's degree. I don't know if I let the excuses take over, or what but over the last year, I have put all the weight back on. I am so mad at myself. And now I can't seem to find the motivation to really jump in and make the change. It seems like I do really good on Monday, but then by mid week I am not not tracking and I am not working out. I want to, I just don't know what is wrong with me right now. I did decide to give up schooling right now. It's just too much with everything else, and I am hoping that will allow me the time I need to dedicate to myself again. Good luck in your journey, and know you are not alone!
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time. When it comes to taking care of myself, I have done well on some days and I have totally blown it on others. And stopped caring. Yet here I am! I know this is where I need to be. Don't give up.
    Feel free to add me.
  • InkedDoll1
    InkedDoll1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can empathise. Last year I lost 40lbs and was doing great, then I suddenly lost my job in February and all interest in eating well went out the window. I had days where I ate nothing at all, and days where I went to the supermarket across the road from my apartment and just bought a bagful of junk food and ate the lot. Luckily I got another job relatively quickly and I was convinced that once I had that structure back in my life I would automatically fall back into dieting, but it hasn't been so easy. I have new temptations in my way in terms of the location of my office relative to cafes and stores, and I'm finding it much harder to resist. I can recommend a book called The Undefeated Mind by Alex Lickerman - it has really helped me with my motivation in the past so I'm currently re-reading it to try to get back into good habits.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You know how many times I have sat shoving cake into my fat face thinking this? At some point, I just had to do it because my health was in jeopardy (diabetes). But not everyone has a health scare to motivate them. We all have a breaking point and all have our moments of weakness. You got to dust yourself off. and don't wait until "Monday" to start making changes. No better time than the present.