Weighing

Options
Do you weigh yourself even though you are going on vacation.

Replies

• Clody80
    Clody80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    usually I don't have a scale readily available. So skip that. I don't have a strict weigh in rhythm anyway - about once a week, but it's ok to skip.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I'm not bringing my scale with me and any other scale will not weigh me the same. So no.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself before, and then again a week after I return. Sometimes just the travelling itself can add water weight. This is particularly true if you're going to be stuck in an airplane or car for a long haul. Add to that being in a different climate, altitude, and eating foods you're not used to, and the water weight can edge up, even if you're doing perfectly on your deficit.

Keep in mind, water weight will come off after a few days to a week of being back home, but it's just not worth the headache of tracking your weight while on vacation.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    No. What kind of vacation is that?! Worrying about the ups and downs of water weight that are even more pronounced from air travel....that's no fun.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I brought my scale with me on a week long vacation and weighed. I want the data and I simply don't let the numbers bother me. It's why I can weigh daily. I'm also big into maintaining habits and the repetition helps.