Subtracting carbs.

Options
My Adkins bar is 200 cal. There are 22 carbs in it but you can subtract fiber and sugar alcohols which makes it a total of 3 carbs. It would let me change it in my food diary.

Replies

• Rockinrobbin15
    Rockinrobbin15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I meant to say it wouldn't let me change the carb count. Can this be done?
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @Rockinrobbin15 : What do you want to log in less carbs than you are ingesting ? You are eating the fiber and the sugar. Did you not ?
  • Rockinrobbin15
    Rockinrobbin15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am shooting for under 30 carbs a meal. I only want to track impact carbs.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Find or create a net carb entry...
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you look at your diaries nutrition information page, it tracks total carbs and net carbs for your total diary entries. Just keep an eye on your totals and subtract fiber from carbs at the end of the day to see how many net carbs you are consuming for the day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you look at your diaries nutrition information page, it tracks total carbs and net carbs for your total diary entries. Just keep an eye on your totals and subtract fiber from carbs at the end of the day to see how many net carbs you are consuming for the day.

MFP doesn't track net carbs unless you have a browser extension
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

MFP doesn't track net carbs unless you have a browser extension

Whoops, what I meant to say was "it tracks total grams of carbs and total grams of fiber" not net carbs, sorry for the confusion.

If you look on the nutrition page at your total carbs for the day and subtract your total fiber for the day, then you get your net carbs.
  • Heni300
    Heni300 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ran into the same problem.. Just go to my food and create a food... just enter all nutrition information and instead of 22 carbohydrates put 3 carbohydrates.