Losing focus

Options
I've been eating really well for several weeks now and my junk food cravings disappeared. I was losing weight and feeling good. Then about a week ago I lost my focus, started overeating, and eating junk food again (even though it was now tasteless to me). I haven't been able to regain my focus and am overeating every day now. Help!

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Are you still tracking?
  • jenturner06
    jenturner06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to fall off track. Today I went to dinner with the family and had all intention to follow my diet and have a good salad. When I go there is did the opposite. I ordered something I shouldn't had, ate it, but then felt bad. Not just baffles because I didn't follow through, but also because it made my stomach hurt and feel yucky. Eating better definitely makes me feel better. So why do I go for these things?
  • kimmieg95
    kimmieg95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You gotta regain sight of why you are trying to do better and how it makes you feel. I know for me I set how I want to feel and look like (not that I've come close) but I do feel good about the small changes I've made like giving up soda and I always feel better about myself telling someone I give up soda. It's something small but it took a lot for me to do.
  • dorothyp3
    dorothyp3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm still tracking, but I noticed that I'm doing it after I've eaten the junk food. I'm going to try noting it just before I eat it and see if that helps any. I know I've got to regain my focus, but I can't figure out how to do that.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Get over it, start back tomorrow. It's a new day.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Try writing down a list of all the reasons, no matter how illogical or unreasonable of why you might want to gain weight or stay the same weight. You may need to make visible your conflicting priorities before you can re focus on losing weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dorothyp3 wrote: »
    I'm still tracking, but I noticed that I'm doing it after I've eaten the junk food. I'm going to try noting it just before I eat it and see if that helps any. I know I've got to regain my focus, but I can't figure out how to do that.

What are your goals? Why did you want to lose weight in the first place?
  • n2vile
    n2vile Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself and track your food. If you eat 3 bags of chips, 2 hotdogs and whole 2 liter of Dr. Pepper...Log it!

MFP tracks your food... not just the healthy stuff. Tracking holds you accountable.

Hope that helps...
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    n2vile wrote: »
    Be honest with yourself and track your food. If you eat 3 bags of chips, 2 hotdogs and whole 2 liter of Dr. Pepper...Log it!

MFP tracks your food... not just the healthy stuff. Tracking holds you accountable.

Exactly!

All this logging helps you figure out what you're doing. It's a great history of what works and what doesn't.

And then in, say, 2 months when you've figured it out, you can look back and understand what your difficulties were. 'Wow - I actually ate 3 bags of chips! Ridiculous! I'm glad I don't do that anymore and finally sorted that out'.

By not writing it down, you forget what you did, and just guess that your diet didn't work.