Wanting to start...Where do I begin?

Options
Hi,
I am wanting to start doing workouts at home but I honestly don't know where to begin. I found lots of pics (on Pinterest) with workouts but I don't know what half of them are like donkey kicks, mountain climbers, lunges, butlers etc.
Do you know a good basic website/book?
Thanks

Replies

• beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YouTube. There are literally millions of videos about this subject.

Yoga is also pretty easy to do at home.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am wanting to start doing workouts at home but I honestly don't know where to begin. I found lots of pics (on Pinterest) with workouts but I don't know what half of them are like donkey kicks, mountain climbers, lunges, butlers etc.
    Do you know a good basic website/book?
    Thanks

If there's pictures, doesn't that show you?

You're probably better off finding a proper programme instead of a few random exercises you put together yourself.
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Head over to Youtube. Jillian Michaels has some on there you can do at home in 20 mins or so. 30 day shred could be something to start out with? Start searching for level 1.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    YouTube! I love yoga with Adriene! Such a good workout and so good for you mentally! Walks outside, jumping jacks, jogging in place...
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Do a search for at home workouts. Pick one, anyone, that piques your interest (you rally won't know if it is for you without trying). Try it. If you like it and its results, continue. If neither apply, repeat. I was always partial to FitnessBlender.