Getting started (1st week review)

Options
Mishtia
Mishtia Posts: 13 Member
Hello there! I weight 149 lbs by April 29, 2017 and i planned to lose 40 lbs by the end of month or until the first week of june and i have been doing good so far, there were bumps on the road but i kept myself motivated and now i succesfully lose 4 pounds its a great start and it's my first day to the day i wanted to keep it straight but i have plans for the weekend and i will be starting straight until the end of the month and hopefully i will lose 40lbs.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Seriously? You do realize this is an unhealthy and ridiculous goal.
  • Mishtia
    Options
    Nothing is impossible and your wrong about my diet being unhealthy because im eating earth foods and not processed foods..
  • LittleMissRedX
    LittleMissRedX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    40lbs in a month is quite unhealthy though. Maybe aim for something like 10-15 in the first month, go on from there :)
  • Mishtia
    Options
    I will take note for that :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Mishtia wrote: »
    Nothing is impossible and your wrong about my diet being unhealthy because im eating earth foods and not processed foods..

Your diet may be healthy but your goals are completely unhealthy. Aim for a goal of 0.5-1 pound a week. Losing too rapidly can cause muscle wasting and nutritional deficiencies. What's the rush anyway?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nope! This is very unhealthy.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have a few questions for you:

How much are you eating?
    What is your BMR? TDEE?
    What deficit are you creating?

I sense from your origional post that you have big dreams (don't we all :wink:) but you may not have accurate expectations of what your plan will actually achieve. This can lead to alot of frustration and derail you.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Unless you weigh 400+ lbs (and a whole host of other qualifying conditions) losing 40 lbs in a month could actually kill you. Look up the effects of starvation.

At 149 lb, you should probably be shooting for 5-10 a month. That's still aggressive, but it's possible without making your muscles and organs die...