Options
    Tsoufla wrote: »
    May I join you.

Welcome!
  • caf973
    caf973 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Day 1, how's everyone feeling?
    Has everyone taken their measurements/weight (if tracking)?
  • kitchen_sorceress
    kitchen_sorceress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Geared up and ready to go!
  • starsandshxt
    starsandshxt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm ready :)!
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm starting today too!! :) Please add me as well.
  • Lisanotoriginal
    Lisanotoriginal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Glad you are off to a solid start. I need to begin my 30 days May 8th. My birthday is Friday and I would set myself up for failure if I tries to start before then. I will check back in once I have prepped and started. I am wondering about the book as well. Is it necessary? Does it tell you how to phase food back in after the 30 days?
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It does tell you how to re-introduce the foods, at what I believe to be a too rapid pace. It recommends re-introducing a new food group every three days, such that you'll be done in 19 days. Whereas this may be sufficient for digestive problems, it is far too quick for pain and inflammation (in areas other than the digestive system), energy, mood, and skin. We have broken the food groups a little more finely and are taking a good week for each food.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the books. A little hungry later in the day, but drank a seltzer and made it. Little headache too later in the day. I need to go back and read the W30 timeline...
    Hope everyone is doing well.
  • deeptisood
    deeptisood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joining
  • kitchen_sorceress
    Options
    Day 3 and I feel energetic and strong. My meals are on point and my mood is good. In the past my down fall has been between day 4 and day 7

Admittedly, I already eat Paleo so I'm not coming from a standard American diet

Last night I made a Paleo Taco Skillet with hoememade Taco seasonings and because I wanted Sour Cream but couldn't do dairy- I made Paleo Sour Cream out of coconut milk, lemon and apple cider vinegar and salt.

I'm going to use finding fun recipes as a coping skill if I find I'm struggling with Whole30.

I hope all is going well for everyone! One day at a time, one meal at a time!
  • caf973
    Options
    Day 3 done. So tired!ylpoe6nbdlrb.png
  • laura7995
    laura7995 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I join abit late
  • caf973
    Options
    laura7995 wrote: »
    Can I join abit late

Yep of course. Did you start today?
  • caf973
    Options
    Day 4 done. Had more energy than yesterday & feeling good. How are you all doing 4 days in??
  • kitchen_sorceress
    Options
    Hanging in there here!
  • caf973
    Options
    faha55yaaek2.jpg
    Work meeting and Pizza was on offer. My nemesis but I resisted and was glad not to have stomach ache post pizza consumption lol. Happy to eat my chicken veg soup instead.
    Hope you're all doing well Day 5!
  • kitchen_sorceress
    Options
    Day 6- I'm doing well with food choices but I'm in the day 6- I just want a nap camp!

Everything feels like it's an effort- at this point, from past experience, my challenge has always been the first week. Making it through that, I have no doubt what so ever, I can get through the 30 days.
  • caf973
    Options
    Day 6- I'm doing well with food choices but I'm in the day 6- I just want a nap camp!

Everything feels like it's an effort- at this point, from past experience, my challenge has always been the first week. Making it through that, I have no doubt what so ever, I can get through the 30 days.

Hang in there! This too shall pass...!
    Think about making it through today sticking to the program you'll be proud you did tomorrow when you think back on yesterday. Well done on being 6 days in!

We can almost celebrate being a quarter of the way through!
  • butchroy
    butchroy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started my Whole 30 journey today. Look forward to hearing how the dirt has impacted others.