Carb snacks at night

Options
Help, I can eat perfect all day but recently I can not control my night snacking and it is always salty/cheesy carbs. I can resist sugary stuff it does little for me, I the fatty stuff (meats, fast food ) but at night my kids stupid goldfish crackers and che mix kill me. Any suggestions I tried having my cottage cheese let pm which I love and still ended up back at the carbs. Ugh! The picture I posted is after 6 months of perfect clean eating and am struggling to get back there!!

Replies

• rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    Oatmeal made with skim milk instead of water with blueberries and truvia. Filling and one of the best things you can eat. Whole grain and a strong balance of protein, very satisfying, source of fiber, what more could you want?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If your sodium intake is under you can try this wrap called TouFayan Low Carb Low Fat Wrap. I found it at my Food Lion grocery store in the deli section. They are good for wrap and also if you put them in the toaster over and let them cook they can get crunchy and taste like chips when you break it up.

Calories 140
    Fat 3g
    Protein 13g
    Sodium 560g (the only downfall)
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem! I'm pretty sure my night time eating is the culprit of my weight gain! Grrr. Last week I found that if I eat a little more during the day, I eat less at night. I've also tried to keep my hands busy at night. I make jewelry so that's one way I've been keeping my hands busy. It's kinda hard to eat with pliers in your hands! ;) Perhaps a hobby would help? I haven't weighed in yet to see if this has worked for me at all but I do feel like I'm having less night time binges since I've been eating more during the day and keeping my hands busy at night.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yep, I sometimes over indulge during the PM hours. What I have found that I like is the 100 cal packs of popcorn. Keeps your hand busy and won't ruin your whole day. Also try drinking a glass of water or G2.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Help, I can eat perfect all day but recently I can not control my night snacking and it is always salty/cheesy carbs. I can resist sugary stuff it does little for me, I the fatty stuff (meats, fast food ) but at night my kids stupid goldfish crackers and che mix kill me. Any suggestions I tried having my cottage cheese let pm which I love and still ended up back at the carbs. Ugh! The picture I posted is after 6 months of perfect clean eating and am struggling to get back there!!

pB jelly
    Real Cheese and crackers
    Grapes and yogurt
    Pecans and yogurt
    Boiled egg ...less than 3 a week
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A piece of lightly buttered garlic toast for 120ish calories is my go-to carby bedtime make-me-sleepy snack, tried and true.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My salty carby snacks are a problem for me, too. I keep a jar of pink salt nearby and when the urge to eat salty carby snacks hits I eat pink salt instead. It works for me because it seems to satisfy the salt urge. I don't have a problem with cheesy snacks.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Im a salt lover too. I have recently switched to popcorn that I salt (sometimes a lot). Keep in mind that this may make you retain water ao your scale readings might be wonky but as long as you count the calories, you are still losing.
    Sometimes I also do super crunchy pickles or cucumber and tomatoes with a bit of salt on them.

When I was doing WW a while back, I used to do Melba toast with mustard, sliced tomato, a tiny bit of crumbled feta and a small drizzle of low cal Italian dressing. You'd get a whole plate of salty crunchy snack and it was low points (like 2) so I think it would be pretty low cal.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Self control?

Put some salt on vegetables as a replacement?
  • lingally
    lingally Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey. This is a problem for me too. Once the day is over and I have been good all day... 8 or 9pm rolls round and I find myself searching for carbs. I like the idea of @biddysaurus and trying to eat more during the day. I also find I'm not hungry for breakfast and have read that my night time snacks may be the cause. I try and stick to olives, chunk cheese and Popped crisps (84kcal/bag) that way I'm getting the saltiness and some protein too.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I used to not be able to sleep without my half a bagel with cream cheese before bed. No issues with it. Was yummy.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1. Maybe don't allow those foods in the house until you are more in control?

2. Try substituting with something that fits into your WOE: veggies and dip, hardboiled egg with salt, salted almonds or other nuts, avocado with salt (or salsa), or something similar.

3. Save calories (and carbs, if you are tracking them) for a small serving of your evening carb snacks so that they fit into your meal plan. Maybe substitute half with one of the options above and gradually reduce your carby-snack amount and increase your healthy snack until you are eating all healthy snack.