Those who've been at this awhile... do you get sick if you cheat?

Options
124»

Replies

• BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes! I had a cheat day on Saturday and by the end of the day I felt nauseous and in pain. The next day was still not the best... Now I'm thinking of switching the cheat day to one or two extra things max rather than whatever I want all day.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a cheat day, but I had a pretzel dog last night for dinner (It has been at least 6 months since I had a hot dog) and it gave me terrible stomach cramps. I am guessing it was just a shock to my digestive system. But it was delicious and worth a little discomfort ;)
  • gmstevens37
    gmstevens37 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you ate, where you ate it or who made it, but sounds like you got a bit of food poisoning.
  • nfreligh16
    nfreligh16 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes. I cut out a lot of fat and beef from my diet, so now if I eat it I'll feel miserable. Stomach cramps and nausea...I just assumed it's because my body isn't used to it anymore.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    It's not always about over eating tho...I don't overeat but still get belly issues...as I said McDonalds scares me to the point where I just wont as I am not sure how my body would react...mind you I want a quarter pounder with cheese like nobodies business but it's been long enough that I expect I wouldn't be "normal" and be in the bathroom a lot the next day...

son has same issues...sister etc...it could be a family thing too.

I had a burger from mcdonalds yesterday for the first time in a couple of months and I had a stomach ache for hours after! Gaaaah.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Nope one day of bad eating doesn't cause so much damage for me even if I do a 3500 surplus I'll gain it the next day but It will go away I just give it a *kitten* time :lol: after a week I doesn't see a real weight pack on my body maybe because of TDEE or other factors that affect it I see I'm underestimating my exercise calories. Don't feel bad just get back on track the next day we're all humans and we made it :wink:
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me that over eating the wrong foods in the wrong amount triggered a gall bladder reaction. Extremely painful.
    Just happened last week after a major eating spree. Took the entire day of almost zero food the following day to
    put me back in shape. This has not happened since I started the MFP program last December. So I think even though I
    probably have a gall bladder issue, watching quantity and quality has kept it in check.

Remembering this feeling will certainly make me think twice the next time I think that huge
    plate of spaghetti looks good.