Using Runkeeper

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    my HRM tells me a burned a bit more if I run than RunKeeper normally does, when I walk it's pretty close though.

I always shave about 10-20% off my burn anyhow, I just don't trust any of this technology and I'd rather underestimate than the other way around.

Agreed. I might steal your idea. :)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    my HRM tells me a burned a bit more if I run than RunKeeper normally does, when I walk it's pretty close though.

I always shave about 10-20% off my burn anyhow, I just don't trust any of this technology and I'd rather underestimate than the other way around.

Agreed. I might steal your idea. :)

That's good to know that it runs a little "low" anyway. I also always use the lower #'s when given a choice.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you Arron, Regina, Will, & Rom for the Street Team adds! :)

I am so excited for my first 10K since High School (that's 20 years, you know...) on U.S. Independence Day (4th of July)! If you want to have a laugh, track me on RunKeeper Live. The race is at 8:00 am Mountain Time (UTC -6).
  • Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been using Runkeeper for a while and love it, have added everyone to street teams :)

Feel free to add me too http://runkeeper.com/user/stoicus88/profile
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and think it's excellent. I use it in two ways,:

1) To upload my runs from my Garmin Forerunner 305 and be able to track my activity

2) Times when I wont have my Garmin with me I use my iPhone to track (yes it's less accurate but it's still pretty damn close)

If you use the app to track it's not perfect, thats's because of the phone though not the actually Runkeeper. The same happens on all apps, they're only as accurate as the phone tracking.

Anyone want to add me feel free http://runkeeper.com/user/Sucha/profile
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I use Runkeeper, I started a couple of weeks ago with it. I like it so far, it's really good although the calorie burn seems a little hit-and miss:

4.8 mile run - Tuesday 19th July - Runkeeper = 578 cals, Polar FT4 = 568 cals
    3.44 mile run today - Runkeeper = 509 cals, Polar FT4 = 377 cals

Runkeeper is generally higher than my HRM but it varies quite - as above it can be anywhere from 10cals higher to over 100 out! I'm more inclined to go with the FT4 as it's got my height/weight etc in it and runkeeper doesn't... I assume that just works on pace or something?
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You can set your height/weight/age in RunKeeper in your profile.

I could be wrong, but I would assume that it would take that info into consideration.
  • RMinVA
    Options
    I use Runkeeper, I started a couple of weeks ago with it. I like it so far, it's really good although the calorie burn seems a little hit-and miss:

4.8 mile run - Tuesday 19th July - Runkeeper = 578 cals, Polar FT4 = 568 cals
    3.44 mile run today - Runkeeper = 509 cals, Polar FT4 = 377 cals

Runkeeper is generally higher than my HRM but it varies quite - as above it can be anywhere from 10cals higher to over 100 out! I'm more inclined to go with the FT4 as it's got my height/weight etc in it and runkeeper doesn't... I assume that just works on pace or something?

If you go to the Runkeeper website you can update weight/height there.
  • Lanfear
    Options

I could be wrong, but I would assume that it would take that info into consideration.

Thanks both - didn't realise that :smile:

Edit: have had a look and can see where to add weight and/or body fat %, but is there anywhere for age, height, sex etc? Sorry, I can't see it anywhere but I am having one of *those* days so it's probably right in front of me!! :smile:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i love it! you can add me if you guys want

http://runkeeper.com/user/Shreddin_mama/profile
  • RMinVA
    Options

Edit: have had a look and can see where to add weight and/or body fat %, but is there anywhere for age, height, sex etc? Sorry, I can't see it anywhere but I am having one of *those* days so it's probably right in front of me!! :smile:

Upper right next to your name there is a drop down menu...select "My Settings."
  • Lanfear
    Options

Upper right next to your name there is a drop down menu...select "My Settings."

Thankees!
  • mamcguire69
    Options
    Does RunKeeper upload to My Fitness Pal?
  • elizageorge1964
    Options
    I do, and I love it! I feel it is very accurate and it's so detailed. Not to mention, so easy to use. A lot of information to help me with my weight loss goal! :D
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. I especially like being reminded of how long/far I've been running/run. :)
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Love RunKeeper!!
    Feel free to add me : npresler