Not persistent enough

Options
So I'm super impatient and if I don't see results I get disheartened and just start eating unhealthy again
I'm trying to lose 15 pounds in 2 months and I'm not sure if my diet is helping me out
I never walked as much as I do now, before on average I walked 4000 steps and now it's around 10,000.
I stay away from sodas but I usually cheat with a bag of chips or icecream
I'm eating grilled chicken and salads a lot but it sucks that I've been trying for weeks and nothing is changing (so I go ahead and have French fries and a burger)
I don't have time to exercise at all! I guess I just need to be motivated, like have some examples of people who slowly but surely see big differences in their bodies over time and if it's normal that I am not making visible progress

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    15lbs in 2 months is very unrealistic. Try 5lbs in the first month and then another 10 - 20 weeks to lose the last 10lbs.

Why the deadline anyway...?
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Are you actually counting your calories and logging what you eat? Because if not then you could be spinning your wheels for a while, unknowingly eating more calories than you're burning. Wheigh your food. Log accurately. Give it a month and THEN see what's up. You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Food for weightloss. Exercise for fitness. Calories burned by working out is no where near as high as most ppl think. Fitness trackers are also notoriously generous. So if you eat back all the calories they say you burned it's also quite likely you're eating over for the day. A safe bet is to eat back only 50-75% of what they say you've burned.
  • basmahkamran
    basmahkamran Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I guess because I'm leaving the country in 2 months and I don't want to go home looking the same or worse than I did 6 months ago
    I've been trying to lose 15 lbs in the past 4 months and it's not working so I have 2 more months to meet my goal
    But I will keep that in mind!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You don't need to exercise to lose weight. Exercise is for better health and to look better.
    You need to stop the excuses. Your making excuses why you over eat, why you can't exercise.
    Give your self a tough love talking to and stick to it.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    No problem. Just log accurately, accuracy is KEY, and you should see a positive change.
  • basmahkamran
    basmahkamran Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I guess because I'm leaving the country in 2 months and I don't want to go home looking the same or worse than I did 6 months ago
    I've been trying to lose 15 lbs in the past 4 months and it's not working so I have 2 more months to meet my goal

So if what you have done isn't working, try MFP instead. Set MFP to lose 1lb per week, weigh and log everything you eat. Don't cut out 'treats' if it makes you binge, fit them into your calorie goal. Do some regular exercise, eat back a portion of exercise cals.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

So if what you have done isn't working, try MFP instead. Set MFP to lose 1lb per week, weigh and log everything you eat. Don't cut out 'treats' if it makes you binge, fit them into your calorie goal. Do some regular exercise, eat back a portion of exercise cals.

Exactly. And then in 2 months, even though you still won't be at your original goal, you'll be a lot closer and you'll be looking and feeler a lot better than you are now! A more modest goal is definitely achievable! :)
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to exercise at all! I guess I just need to be motivated, like have some examples of people who slowly but surely see big differences in their bodies over time and if it's normal that I am not making visible progress

You need to make exercise a priority and make time if it is important enough to you. As for motivation, you have come to the right place in terms of finding examples of people who have made all kinds of amazing progress. I am blown away daily by the dedication people make to improving their lives on MFP. Working mum's, single parents, people with disabilities, logging in day after day, slogging it out at the gym/track/park etc regardless of life's daily battles. Connect with others and it can definitely provide motivation,inspiration and a little patience in your own journey!

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in 2 months. That's ur problem right there
  • brian91920
    brian91920 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to control my diet for the last couple of months. When I got into shape ppl were pushing food on me plus I ruined my left knee. I feel your struggle. It's never a linear path. You can do it!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Its an eye opener when you start weighing food and realise how much more you were actually eating

Even prepackaged foods are allowed a margin of error so should be weighed

My chicken for my salad yesterday was a supposed 100g prepackaged..... it was 114.

Being off with the weights of your food can eat away at the deficit your trying to create leading you to eating at or even above maintenance

Ice cream and chips are not cheat food, they are just food. Weight it/measure it, log it and fit it in your days calories