Trying To Change My Life

Options
Hello everyone!

I am a returnee to this app, after having a couple years off. I am 20 years old from Australia, and I'm sick of what I see in the mirror.

When I was in year 12 at 17 years old, I was an average of 75kg (which was good for me). 3 years later and in my last year of uni, I am now nearly 90kg. I used to think kilo here, kilo there not that bad but then it escalated. I got pretty down, and I started to eat my emotions, especially when everything at uni is so easily accessible.

Now after yo-yo dieting, trying to get to the gym on a regular basis (but failing), and having being told by your mother that you need to lose weight, I'm really trying.

I need friends and motivation, which I totally lack! And any advice people have, I'm open to

Replies

• LittleMissRedX
    LittleMissRedX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also, if you want to add me, go for it! I'd love to have friends to motivate me!
  • mkkhoza1
    mkkhoza1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi dear one...glad you're here. My name is Makhonyola (MK)...every journey has a beginning. I encourage you to remember that :) My only advice is make choices (exercise and food) that are sustainable for you. Something that will become a lifestyle.
  • LittleMissRedX
    Options
    mkkhoza1 wrote: »
    Hi dear one...glad you're here. My name is Makhonyola (MK)...every journey has a beginning. I encourage you to remember that :) My only advice is make choices (exercise and food) that are sustainable for you. Something that will become a lifestyle.
    mkkhoza1 wrote: »

Thankyou very much! I admit I'm a serial snacker so I'm trying to change that as well as choosing better food choices while I'm at uni :blush:
  • amandaworthington1
    amandaworthington1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have had MFP for some time but never really used it properly. I'm looking for a like minded contact for mutual support. I don't do IF or extreme food rules, not really keen on a diet either really.
  • amandaworthington1
    Options
    For some reason, I cannot post all my text.
  • amandaworthington1
    Options
    Sending you a message instead.
  • LittleMissRedX
    Options
    I have had MFP for some time but never really used it properly. I'm looking for a like minded contact for mutual support. I don't do IF or extreme food rules, not really keen on a diet either really.

Haha I hear you bout the diet :lol: tbh it's mostly for my exercise and just for mental notes bout what I should or shouldn't eat. Keep me on track :)
  • alteregold
    alteregold Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey Annie, I hear you about the weight creeping on! I used to be in the 70kg zone in early high school but ballooned to 85kg when I was struck with GF & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'd hovered around that weight for about a decade but a combination of bad diet, minimal exercise and medications saw me up in the mid 90s :o
  • alteregold
    alteregold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ^cont... I've been an on off MFP user. I seem to have bursts of motivation to get healthier, eat better, be more active...but it would die off after a few weeks :| so I too would love more support and motivation from people on the same journey. Plus I'm an Aussie from NSW - add me if you like :)