South Beach anyone?

Saelina
Saelina Posts: 129 Member
I decided to try the South Beach diet as of this weekend. I have been trying to lose weight for the last 3 weeks or so just monitoring calories but the scale hasn't budged. I've been exercising every day with the 1200 calorie goal and nothing. So, I am trying to shock my system a bit and eliminate the majority of sugars and see how that helps. I don't have the book but read a bit online. I like the format they use, seems much healthier than when I tried the atkins a few years back.

Anybody on the SB diet? Is there a south beach group I could join?

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    I eat a lot of SB recipes. I had success on SB previously (about 20lbs) but I need more bread than it allows (I got constipated)
    THIS time I'm doing what I call 'modified' SB adding more whole grain bread
    But other than that, it does work & I think their recipes are delicous
    Don't know about a group, probably is one
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi. I am not doing it anymore I was at one time and it seemed to work I know am doing the belly fat cure by Jorge Cruise. He has been on Oprah and his books really work. You may check those out. I have been following it for about 15 weeks now and I have 12.2 pounds and some inches off my waist I went from a size 14/16 to a size 12 and they are a little loose so soon I should be able to go down another size.

Website.
    Bellyfatcure.com
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    I did it a few years ago. Like any diet where you take out food groups, it worked for me. But as soon as I integrated food back into my diet I gained more than I lost.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    I am not following any particular "diet plan" like Atkins or South Beach or Paleo, but my doctor does have me on restricted carbs: no more than 30 carbs per day. It has worked really well for me. My doctor says the important thing about cutting carbs is to get plenty of protein instead. I eat or drink 50g protein every 3 hours. I don't know anything specific about the South Beach plan, but if you search "low carb" there are a bunch of us on here to trade recipes & support.

Good luck!
  • Saelina
    @wickedcricket - Im planning on gradually adding back my whole grains once I get through phase 1. I've only had 1 day in it so far, so no idea if constipation will be a problem in a few days. Did you do the original SB or the updated one that allows up to 2 cups of fat free milk/yougurt a day? I only had about a half cup along with the recommended 4.5 cups of fresh vegetables minimum. yesterday. Absolutely no issues in that regard today. I was so stuffed I couldn't even eat my 1200 calories, was the strangest thing. The good news was my scale finally moved this morning which I am very happy about,

@bota - I'll look into it, thanks
  • Saelina
    @adastra - my understanding is that it isn't so much low carb, as it is low sugar. You can eat pretty much unlimited carbs as long as they are the approved vegetables. (no potatoes, peas, rice, bread) The list is quite long of approved vegetables.