Would you marry, date someone from...... ?

Options

Replies

• Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Would you marry, date someone from a different ethnic, colour, disability or religion than your own? If not, why?

Yes, it'd be pathetic to answer otherwise.
  • Dazzler21
    Options
    No purple people. You gotta draw the line somewhere. To hell with purple people, unless they're choking, then help them.

Did the one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater just eat purple people, or was he purple and just ate people?

He ate one eyed one horned purple people.
  • Dazzler21
    Options
    ddeliciosa wrote: »
    Different ethnicity?: Yes absolutely.
    Colour?: Yes
    Disability?: Really depends on what type of "disability." I think I'd be more willing to date someone with a physical disability than someone with a mental disability (such as bipolar, depression, etc). I think that just comes down to being able to connect with someone - if we aren't mentally stimulating for each other then I don't think it could go anywhere. My current boyfriend of four years though - I've seen him in his lowest and supported him, I wouldn't just leave someone I love because they're in a rough patch.
    Religion?: This is another gray one for me. I've had a pretty winded journey of being a christian, to an atheist, to being agnostic, back to christian. I don't think I could date someone who didn't have an open mind and was very rooted into their beliefs, nor could I date someone who had absolutely no beliefs.

As an agnostic man that has struggled with depression I find your response very confusing abd interesting.

Surely if you find you're attracted to them, physically & mentally/emotionally that's enough to build upon.
  • rabbidchicken
    rabbidchicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would date someone from hell

I was engaged to one from hell she is married to someone else luckily now its not my problem lol
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yup absolutely. I love all ethnicities, I'm completely against religion but I respect other people religions as long as they respected my non religiousness, political views is hard since I'm more liberal but I'd date a conservative Republican as long as we respected each others views.

Things I will not date though is someone who is in support of racism, ageism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, classism, ableism....etc...

I cannot date someone who doesn't respect other people for who they are or treats people differently because of how they were born.

Other than that I'm not picky.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    ericatoday wrote: »
    I'm completely against religion ]].

why?
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Absolutely I would

Canadian answer
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Sure but with the religion part, I really don't feel like converting to another religion just cause they want me to. Plus I'm not super religious and don't want to be reading the Bible every day even though I do have a Bible.
  • tsortsor
    Options
    Never thought I would say this but ^^^he said it best
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    Never thought I would say this but ^^^he said it best

same here

religiosity in the macro, for sure

values are critical, the rest are frosting
  • VixenLips
    VixenLips Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would not date someone from a different religion than my own. I feel like it would create a lot of unnecessary complications. It also advises against this practice in my religion. I don't think I would date someone with an inherited disability or disease either, because I wouldn't want to pass it on to my children and so on.
    Different ethnicity is fine. I don't like the word "race" because we're all human. Just different skin pigments.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    Now that I think about it in terms of physical disability, I wouldn't mind dating but a mental disability....it depends. If they're bipolar, schizophrenic or have another mental disability that causes them to act weird and get angry at you for no reason, probably not unless they're taking medication to 100% help them not flip out. I've dealt with bipolar chicks before and bipolar people in general, they are not fun to be around with and they're annoying to deal with.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    It bothers me that this is still a question. I've dated different ethnicities, I've dated women, I've dated men who have also dated men, I've dated people of religions unfamilar to me. I don't care about your ethnicity, you're sexuality or your disability. Long as there is a connection, and you're a good human being because that's what matters. The only thing that may get me is their religion. What do they believe and how closely do they follow it.

Need details on this one.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »
    It bothers me that this is still a question. I've dated different ethnicities, I've dated women, I've dated men who have also dated men, I've dated people of religions unfamilar to me. I don't care about your ethnicity, you're sexuality or your disability. Long as there is a connection, and you're a good human being because that's what matters. The only thing that may get me is their religion. What do they believe and how closely do they follow it.

Need details on this one.

filthy details...
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Now that I think about it in terms of physical disability, I wouldn't mind dating but a mental disability....it depends. If they're bipolar, schizophrenic or have another mental disability that causes them to act weird and get angry at you for no reason, probably not unless they're taking medication to 100% help them not flip out. I've dealt with bipolar chicks before and bipolar people in general, they are not fun to be around with and they're annoying to deal with.

^dude that's not how mental health works. You don't just take meds and that it's you're cool with no episodes.

A lot of people think that people with schizophrenia or any other mental health issue freak out and get violent, are a danger and get mad at people for no reason. This is far from the truth.

it's your choice to date or not date whomever you want. Just hopefully you'll do it or not do it for the right well informed reasons and not stigma or lack of awareness.
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

^dude that's not how mental health works. You don't just take meds and that it's you're cool with no episodes.

A lot of people think that people with schizophrenia or any other mental health issue freak out and get violent, are a danger and get mad at people for no reason. This is far from the truth.

it's your choice to date or not date whomever you want. Just hopefully you'll do it or not do it for the right well informed reasons and not stigma or lack of awareness.

I'm friends with a few bipolar/schizophrenic people plus like I said, I've met other mentally ill people before. They're not bad people, it's just they would get real snappy at me and other people, sometimes out of nowhere. It just gets annoying to deal with after a while because you gotta watch what you say and do just to keep them from saying something smart or mean out of nowhere. Luckily the friends that are like that are in a better position now and are still taking their meds so the episodes are not are prevalent anymore. At the same time, I don't see them that often anyway so I'm good. And I have been attacked by a mentally ill person before (I'm not going to get into the details why though)
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Mental health is also a no for me. I don't think I can deal with it. Specially if they are violent.
  • tsortsor
    Options
    All women are violent
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    All women are violent

Finally a man who gets me ❤
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

Mental health is also a no for me. I don't think I can deal with it. Specially if they are violent.

Yeah man, I've dated two chicks that were bipolar and it was not a pleasant experience. Getting mad at you for every *kitten* thing or for no reason at all really gets to you. Having to worry about their mood shifting back and forth....nah. They had their niceness to them but if I meet another bipolar chick, I highly doubt I will give her a chance unless her meds were on point.