Meal Preppers Thread?

Options

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If I lived alone I would meal prep more often. My SO won't eat the same foods for more than two days in a row and it's a chore just keeping him interested in eating at home. I do love to make ahead the egg sandwiches and also breakfast burritos. I started using the mason jars for veggies and they stay fresh so much longer than in a Tupperware container or baggie. I put veggies and/or fruits in the bottom and pb or hummus in the top (in a recycled single serving applesauce container) and keep in the fridge for home and work snacks. I love all of your ideas and I'm taking notes :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    NoItsLiz wrote: »
    Any ideas for meatless or low cholesterol meal preps? I'm just getting into all this and need help.

Try vegetarian chillies and Indian curries. I am currently obsessed with a butternut squash/chickpea curry that I could eat nearly every day. Lentil and bean dishes are very good too.

If you are worried about cholesterol stick with oils like olive oil.
  • AnnaBanana5010
    AnnaBanana5010 Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This thread is AWESOME . I took at least one meal prep picture and I deleted it.
    It was a lunch consisted of : green leafy things, boiled egg,spinach, carrots, 1/4 a grapefruit. Stuff like that . I'm a meal prep newbie. I think I should start to ease myself into this by prepping one meal for the next four days like lunch. Seems like nothing but overtime I will eventually cook more YAY.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When you are making a series of suppers and putting each in it's own container, do you just chuck the whole thing in the microwave to reheat?

This week I did 3 meals that way and I know what I'm eating the other two days.

Oh, another question, is anyone pre-cooking fish? Re-heated fish doesn't sound great to me, but I could be wrong! Thus a fish dinner is one of my planned but not cooked meals this week.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, im blown away with your meal prep, i do mine every Sunday so if your in my neighborhood stop by and help lol
  • SimplyAdia
    SimplyAdia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thank you! I want to start getting serious about meal prepping!
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting these ideas up. I've been "meaning" to get back into prepping meals and these are inspiring. :)
  • susanp57
    Options
    Well, it's Saturday. I'm thinking about what I will prep tomorrow. I bought a vegetti and am going to try zucchini pasta with some other veg thrown in with marinara and some turkey meatballs which I already have the the freezer. I'm also planning mini-meatloaves with beef and ground turkey. I've never tried them with turkey mixed in. Some will be frozen.

I may try to spiralize some sweet potato and cook up with a little oil or butter to go with the meatloaves. Broccoli too.

What are you planning?
  • nicolestephens1985
    nicolestephens1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    More prep for y'all

This prep includes protein waffles, pulled pork Bahn mi, eggplant pizza bake, lentil bacon and feta soup and PB&J protein doughnuts

r8dpv1c0toel.jpeg
    bqozxzq1gshj.jpeg
    w6qnfe323fll.jpeg

Is there a link to this meal prep? It all looks sooooo delicious!!
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    Well, it's Saturday. I'm thinking about what I will prep tomorrow. I bought a vegetti and am going to try zucchini pasta with some other veg thrown in with marinara and some turkey meatballs which I already have the the freezer. I'm also planning mini-meatloaves with beef and ground turkey. I've never tried them with turkey mixed in. Some will be frozen.

I may try to spiralize some sweet potato and cook up with a little oil or butter to go with the meatloaves. Broccoli too.

What are you planning?

My next prep day is tomorrow, ill be making some more protein cupcakes, sweet potato/bacon/egg/spinach breakfast burritos, pineapple chicken stir fry and pork and vegetable pasta. :)

Just a note on your zucchini noodles- I've noticed that they keep best raw, with a paper towel in an airtight container- but I haven't had much luck keeping them more than about three days. Good luck with it!
  • HoldTheDoor13
    Options
    More prep for y'all

This prep includes protein waffles, pulled pork Bahn mi, eggplant pizza bake, lentil bacon and feta soup and PB&J protein doughnuts

r8dpv1c0toel.jpeg
    bqozxzq1gshj.jpeg
    w6qnfe323fll.jpeg

Is there a link to this meal prep? It all looks sooooo delicious!!

@nicolestephens1985 you can find all my preps at my imgur profile here https://imgur.com/user/bearinBandit
  • getrealmommy30
    getrealmommy30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    http://allyscooking.com/2017/02/26/healthy-greek-chicken-meal-prep-bowls/

I made these three weeks ago when I first even tried prepping. It was so amazing to have a prepared delicious meal!!! The salad is especially good, and I brined and baked the chicken in a foil tent to keep it moist.

Last week I swapped the Greek chicken and greek quinoa out and pan fried some shrimp with old bay seasoning and did cheesy quinoa.

I want to do more breakfast ideas. Those pancakes with PB look yummy!!!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures! Thanks for creating this thread, and for sharing. I must start prepping at home. Way too many choices when I'm out.
  • susanp57
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »

What are you planning?

My next prep day is tomorrow, ill be making some more protein cupcakes, sweet potato/bacon/egg/spinach breakfast burritos, pineapple chicken stir fry and pork and vegetable pasta. :)

Just a note on your zucchini noodles- I've noticed that they keep best raw, with a paper towel in an airtight container- but I haven't had much luck keeping them more than about three days. Good luck with it!

Thanks. Since it's just me, I may just wait to make the pasta til just at supper time. No biggie to do one zuke at the time.
  • Motiv8_RoSy
    Motiv8_RoSy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :) Live this thread, I'll post some pics next meal prep
  • leahmc82
    leahmc82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    spikedmax wrote: »
    Go to Costco, in the back by the TP and cling wrap they have meal containers, 32 count, for $10 bucks. Can't beat it!

What do they look like? Are they reusable? I love Costco.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daaaaayum... @HoldTheDoor13 you're beastin this meal prep thing. If there isn't a ring on that finger I don't know what they're waiting for.
  • HoldTheDoor13
    Options
    Daaaaayum... @HoldTheDoor13 you're beastin this meal prep thing. If there isn't a ring on that finger I don't know what they're waiting for.

Haha thank you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How are you guys reheating & serving these prepped meals with hot & cold items in the same box? Thx!