I need help!!!!

I need help. The biggest problem with me is that I don't eat breakfast. I never know what to eat or make. I need some recipes or sugggestions of things that are good to have in the morning. Everyday I don't eat until about 3-4pm and it's so unhealthy, so please if anyone has suggestions, send them my way ❤️❤️

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    I need help. The biggest problem with me is that I don't eat breakfast. I never know what to eat or make. I need some recipes or sugggestions of things that are good to have in the morning. Everyday I don't eat until about 3-4pm and it's so unhealthy, so please if anyone has suggestions, send them my way ❤️❤️

its not unhealthy to not eat breakfast. tons of people do different forms of intermittent fasting and only eat once per day or only eat in a window of a couple hours or something.

all that is needed is a calorie deficit regardless of how you achieve it. your body could care less. Now if your trying to support a exercise regime and your wanting to fuel it, there is wisdom to eating to power that.

but waiting to eat until 3pm is not an issue unless your feeling awful doing it.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member

I usually either have rolled oats with fruit, a pre made yogurt drink or a protein powder smoothie with bananas it just depends on my mood.

How do you feel up until 3pm?

• Stephaniestickles17
    Stephaniestickles17 Posts: 26 Member
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

its not unhealthy to not eat breakfast. tons of people do different forms of intermittent fasting and only eat once per day or only eat in a window of a couple hours or something.

all that is needed is a calorie deficit regardless of how you achieve it. your body could care less. Now if your trying to support a exercise regime and your wanting to fuel it, there is wisdom to eating to power that.

but waiting to eat until 3pm is not an issue unless your feeling awful doing it.

I don't like to not eat until than. It sucks. But I can never eat in the morning :(
  • Stephaniestickles17
    goldenday wrote: »
    I usually either have rolled oats with fruit, a pre made yogurt drink or a protein powder smoothie with bananas it just depends on my mood.

I feel *kitten*, this is why I need some ideas. Some stuff that will help me have something in the morning, even if it's something small. Not eating until then makes me feel sick
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I don't like to not eat until than. It sucks. But I can never eat in the morning :(

Can you explain in more detail why you can never eat in the morning? Is it that nothing sounds good? Is it that you're running out of time to prepare something? Or is it something else?
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    I don't eat in the morning, day, or night I eat when I'm hungry.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited May 2017
    i dont eat in morning whats your concern regarding it? many of us prefer night eating

edit: okay i get it. maybe try smoothies? Some cottage cheese and fruit, Maybe some protein powder? Drinking calories is good if you get sick eating early its my go to when im forced o work early. I call it my fruit cheesecake smoothie, Goes good with frozen raspberry or blueberries. Or half a bagel and some cream cheese, Or peanutbutter toast, or eggs (sometimes on an english muffin)

Cant really suggest anything unless we know your macro goals, Mine are high carb but i love carbs xD The smoothies high protein.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of breakfast either. Unless I worked out the night before 2-3 cups a coffee is good enough. The eating breakfast thing is a personal preference. Breakfast does not have to be "the most important meal of the day."
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member

I feel *kitten*, this is why I need some ideas. Some stuff that will help me have something in the morning, even if it's something small. Not eating until then makes me feel sick

I don't understand how if you know you don't feel good, not eating for that long, why you don't eat?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited May 2017

I don't understand how if you know you don't feel good, not eating for that long, why you don't eat?

Honestly sounds like shes bought into the woo about needing breakfast. First post suggest that, The sick thing came later. Just go with it.

OP eat whatever you wanna eat whenever you wanna eat it within your calories. None of us know what you like.
  • Anaryne26
    Anaryne26 Posts: 23 Member
    Easy breakfast ideas:

1. Hardboil enough eggs to last the week. Cut up fruit such as melon or strawberries, and portion out into serving size containers. In the morning, all you need to do is make a piece of toast, and grab an egg and your serving of fruit. Enjoy with your coffee/tea, etc.
    2. Overnight oatmeal with fruit. There's a bunch of recipes out there on how to do this.
    3. Cereal and a banana. I'm a sucker for cheerios. I can eat breakfast and be out the door with my coffee in 5 minutes.
    4. Yogurt with granola and a piece of fruit.
    5. Make homemade muffins. I'm going to do this tomorrow with some bananas that are over-ripe. I use unsweetened apple sauce instead of oil to make them healthier.

Breakfast is easy when you have it prepared the night before, so you can just grab it, eat it, and go.

I do the same for lunch. I don't really meal prep, but I tend to set up my lunches the night before so that I can just grab my lunch bag and run out the door. It keeps me from buying food for lunch that definitely won't fit in my calorie goals for the day. My go to for lunches is a sandwich, cottage cheese, and a piece of fruit, a big salad with a serving of grilled chicken, shrimp or steak on it, or homemade soup. I just made a big batch of Maryland-style crab soup that is 100 calories for a 1 cup serving. I'll bring 2 servings in a Corningware soup mug with a lid and a buttered slice of Italian bread for lunch. I have homemade chicken noodle soup in the freezer. Easy to pull out one the night before so that it defrosts, and then I can grab it from the fridge in the morning on my way out the door.
  • Stephaniestickles17

Can you explain in more detail why you can never eat in the morning? Is it that nothing sounds good? Is it that you're running out of time to prepare something? Or is it something else?

I just don't have an appetite in the morning. I feel sick!
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    OP I'm the same way...I get up early and feel sick at the thought of eating...I've always been this way even as a child. So I pack myself 1 of either a packet of instant grits, a homemade 100 calorie blueberry muffin (recipe from pinterest), or an egg scramble (looks like an egg muffin...recipe may be from skinnytaste.com or skinnyms.com). I'll also take a cheese stick or maybe a serving of pepperoni if I need more protein..... I don't even try to eat before 10:00am, my students eat snack at that time and this works out well for me. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member

Buy a box of Quest bars. You'll have something to eat 6 mornings in a row. If you don't like that, buy a box of a different kind of energy/nutrition bar and try that for a week. You'll get tired of ripping open plastic bags soon enough and start looking for something else to entertain your tongue of a morning.

You could even buy a pizza and when it arrives bag 8 slices of it into 8 different gallon ziploc bags. Freeze them all and microwave one each morning. Anything you can imagine you can do quickly for breakfast.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Contrary to popular belief- breakfast is not the most important meal of the day. It's fine if you miss breakfast.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I'm still confused. Does the thought of eating in the morning make you feel sick? Or does not eating make you feel sick?

It's not necessary to eat in the morning if you don't feel hungry, as long as you eat enough calories overall.

You can eat literally anything. A hardboiled egg, piece of fruit, peanut butter on an English muffin, cold pizza, yogurt, a smoothie, a sandwich, a granola bar, coffee and a string cheese.

How long has this been a problem for you?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    What's your blood sugar like in the morning? Just wondering if that's adding to how you feel. Maybe check with your endocrinologist. For most people skipping meals really isn't a problem. You need to find what works for you.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    I was never a breakfast person but had blood sugar issues so needed to start having something. I just picked up a vanilla protein powder that was low sugar and blended that with some yogurt , frozen berries, threw in some frozen spinach (you can't taste it but for some reason I felt better with it). Or skip the yogurt and use juice or milk or even water.