Mamas? Losing weight (while not losing your mind) with young kids....

Options

Replies

• jenninthesun
    jenninthesun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a 7 year old son and a 3 month old. I gained more than 70 lbs with this recent pregnancy - much more than my first pregnancy! So far I am down more than 40 lbs, but I have 25 lbs more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I may want to lose an extra 10 lbs depending on where my fitness is/how I feel.

I am breastfeeding round the clock, which worked for my first son, but the weight has been slow to come off, so now I am tracking calories, which I don't like doing, but works, of course!

Healthy eating is easy for me but portion control is not, so now I am weighing all my food. I KNOW I will lose this baby weight but it strange being this big (165 lbs right now), as I have never weighed more than 150 lbs not being pregnant.

I LOVE having a little baby and am so happy!
  • mollylovesozzie
    mollylovesozzie Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    Im 26 with a 6 month old and looking to lose 60ish lbs in a healthy/noncrash diet way. Feel free to add me :)
  • Puckeysrun
    Puckeysrun Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me too please! My youngest is almost 4 but I struggled with hyperemesis during all three pregnancies and post-natal anxiety after one and now have a horrible relationship with food. I've put on almost 30kg in 10 years :( I'm also now 40 and work full-time in a fairly demanding career.
  • Snyderm0m
    Snyderm0m Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Everyone seems like great mamas working and SAHM. Am a SAHM mom who has the boys! Ages 7, 5, and 1. My older boys have some hidden special needs and am super busy with appointments therapy and baby! Super hard to balance weight loss which I need. I don't know where to start since am still breastfeeding.
  • RobinSFoster
    RobinSFoster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm almost 39yo. I have a 2.5yo son and a 7mo daughter. I lost the weight from my first, plus another 30 after having my first, but I gained ALOT of weight with my second that I'm still working on losing. My husband and I work full time and never seem to have a spare minute.
  • R3b3ccaa
    R3b3ccaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kiddos (9,7,5,3&2). I love to keep busy with my kids but I need more of a structured workout. I try to get up early before anyone else so I can fit in a quick run but that is difficult when most nights I'm up with kids that have nightmares or they just can't sleep. I want to loose at least 40-50 pounds right now maybe more after that. Feel free to add me.
  • al_schwing
    al_schwing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me too!! I have struggled the last 8 yrs to lose the weight i gained with 2 pregnancies, and it doesnt seem to want to leave, lol. I have 2 kids , ages 8 & 6, work full time and have 45 lbs to lose. Its definitely a struggle and it feels good to have others that know how bad it sucks to juggle it all!!
  • SimplyB_e_a_utiful
    SimplyB_e_a_utiful Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! Love new friends and motivational support!!

I have one kid, a daughter who is one and a half. I gained about 50lbs during my pregnancy, and haven't lost much of it since then. I'm definitely rerererestarter, and have started this journey over a dozen times now.

Love to hear about other people kiddos as well as health related stuff!
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Two kids, ages 6 and 3. I exercise at 5AM, before they get up. 3yo was up and down last night, so it's very difficult to get motivated to get up. Some days I just have to force myself...once I'm up and dressed, things are usually ok. It's definitely a challenge to cook healthy meals that fit with my goals and are still kid friendly. I'm still experimenting with that part, but so far things are going pretty well. Time to get up now and slog through my Insanity workout!
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    knempress wrote: »
    Time to get up now and slog through my Insanity workout!

I need to start doing something like this. Do you like insanity?
  • alyci
    alyci Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I gained a lot of weight with my first pregnancy and never lost it all. Now with two kids to juggle I am really needing to get the extra weight off. I have an almost 4 year old and 11 month old. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I am a stay at home mom, so I rely on in home workouts, mostly body weight exercises.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 year old and a 2 year old. I started losing weight when my youngest hit 1 year. It seems like a struggle but its not if you try and keep you and your family healthy. My kids basically eat what I do most of the time. Andy toddler exercises with me. I don't do any fad diets we just eat balanced meals and I stick to my calories. I'm 45lbs down and couldn't be happier. You'll get there just need to pick a small goal at a time. And make it something you can keep up forever. Like fad diets aren't to be dome forever which is why they fail. Start with walking 2-3 times a week for 30+ minutes and setting you goal to losing .5-1lb per week instead of 2lbs. Then once you get in the swing of it up your goals a tiny bit at a time until it just becomes normal living.
  • evelyn12590
    evelyn12590 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any one can add me! I have a 14 year old and an 18 month old. I don't do any fad diets I believe in moderation ! That's what has helped me lose and keep my weight down for the past couple of years. I also believe that you have to do some sort of exercise, trust me I hate it but once my asss gets to the gym I do my thing and feel better.
  • JChole
    JChole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Some Friday morning inspiration for all you amazing mommas! :)14m7iyqddx81.jpg
  • Tracey_D
    Tracey_D Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a four-year-old and a 2 1/2 year-old I'm 15 pounds to pre-baby from my first and then I want to lose another 25 after that! Feel free to add me ladies I know the struggle ha ha. For me it's just trying to navigate when I can work out and have some time for myself
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I need to start doing something like this. Do you like insanity?
    [/quote]

I love Insanity! I'm almost done with week 5.
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hello mama's! I'm 34, mother of 2 boys (8 and 3), and work fulltime. This definitely hits close to home for me. Last year was one of the toughest years for me, ending with me gaining over 40lbs. I finally decided that enough is enough. I'm tired or being tired, feeling crappy overall, no energy, and having my confidence go down the drain. It was effecting everything.

4 weeks ago I started clean eating, and starting working out 5 days a week (T 25). I love T25 by Shaun T(Beachbody) because it's only 25 minutes a day. The workouts are tough, but only 25minutes. Exactly what a busy mom needs. I eat until I'm satisfied, small portions, lots of water, and green tea. I'm proud to say that I'm down 15lbs, and 13inches off my body. I've lost weight several times before but the weight has always come right back. This time I'm eating smart and setting habits that will last a lifetime. No diet this time. This is a life change. If I want something I'll still have it, just in moderation and I feel satisfied. It's amazing how eventually you don't want the bad stuff. I still have 50lbs to lose. I would love to have you guys on here so we can support each other.
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    knempress wrote: »
    Two kids, ages 6 and 3. I exercise at 5AM, before they get up. 3yo was up and down last night, so it's very difficult to get motivated to get up. Some days I just have to force myself...once I'm up and dressed, things are usually ok. It's definitely a challenge to cook healthy meals that fit with my goals and are still kid friendly. I'm still experimenting with that part, but so far things are going pretty well. Time to get up now and slog through my Insanity workout!

Sounds just like me. I'm up at 4:30am, 5 days a week to get my workouts in before the kiddos get up for the day. It's tough. It feels so good though to know that you got your workout done for the day
  • godlovzcf
    godlovzcf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Mama's! I am a mother to 7. 3 of mine are older 20, 18 and 16 and then I have 4 younger ones 10, 6, 4 and 18 months. Add me is you want. I am looking for mama friends who can help keep me motivated!
  • clairele84
    clairele84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and I have a 16 month old son. I struggle to do anything when he's around as he wants my undivided attention constantly. He goes to nursery on the 3 days that I work so I'm going to probably have to do my gym in those days. I've also started the c25k where my hubby can take him for a bit while I run. Feel free to add me, I'd love to know how other mummies cope with doing exercise with small children