Need support and motivation

Options
It feels like I've been dieting forever. But as soon as I start to eat real food again, I gain weight. No matter how much I work out. I'm getting discouraged. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom, or just some kind words!!

Replies

• crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Aww! I can understand the pain and frustration that you're going through. Maybe changing your outlook is what's necessary. When I stopped viewing this as a "diet", and started viewing it as a "healthy lifestyle", it helped me make better choices and focus more on the big picture. Set smaller goals to reach the bigger goals. And take it day by day. Everything will work out. Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    cbl003 wrote: »
    It feels like I've been dieting forever. But as soon as I start to eat real food again, I gain weight. No matter how much I work out. I'm getting discouraged. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom, or just some kind words!!

What's your daily calorie goal and how long have you been sticking to it?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

What do you mean real food again? Could this real food be causing an increase in water weight?! Doesn't matter what kind of food you are eating, it's all about being in a caloric deficit. Are you weighing all your food on a food scale?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

Well, we would need a whole lot more information to help you.

What are you doing to determine how many calories you are eating? are you logging your food intake? Do you use a scale to weigh you food? Have you setup the MFP app to give you a calorie goal to achieve your goals? Are you doing any exercise? Just so many questions. How much do you to lose.

big question... what are you eating while dieting that isn't real food? We can help but you have to give information.

and everything won't work out, not to be negative, unless you set the proper plans and stick to them. so lets start here and now and get you going.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I eat real food every day. I just count the calories of what I eat and try to not go over my goals. When I do hit my desired weight I will continue to eat real food, and I will have a new higher calorie goal. I am not eating diet food; I am eating.

Eat more of what you want, just control your calories and eat within your budget. And set a realistic budget.