Beautiful Behaviors - April 2017

Options

Replies

• nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So I got up early to go to the other pool and they weren't practicing there today. I went to the other pool and got there early, so I got a really good workout. Luckily there weren't a lot of people there and there were only two of us in the lane. I swam in a slower lane and threw some stroke work in. I struggled, but I did it. These will be slow steps, but it was good. My natural anti-inflammatory foods aren't getting rid of all the pain, so I will need some naproxen. I have a massage scheduled for Friday.

I need someone to take a couple of pictures of me for my dating site. In the recent ones, I look a little chubby.

Maybe I can get my co-worker to take a couple of pictures of me at work, if it doesn't rain. I need natural light since I am so pale.

I need to make some broccoli and go into the office for some meetings.

Happy hump day! We are half way through!
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @wellthenwhat THAT is a fantastic pixie. I just love it!!!! How are you liking it? How many times have you put the old amount of shampoo/conditioner/hair product in your hand before you remembered and had to figure out what do with the extra? :D

@ParanormaLauren I so want to steal that dress! Bet it felt good to go out wearing something that looked that amazing on you! Great work!

@aleahurst So glad you are feeling some energy and appetite and that your doctors are taking good care of you! As for the cravings, have you dealt with them before? Did something in particular work well for you then? I often find that if I look back, I find that I've done something successfully before and just need a reminder. (Or a swift kick up the backside).

@sabinki I have those fightin' days too. Days when I feel hollow and just want to eat all day. They are often times when I am feeling bored, unmotivated or sad (or all 3!). I've been finding that a brisk 10 minute walk and a hot cup of tea usually kills off the feeling, and if it doesn't, I assume that means I'm genuinely hungry and I add an extra snack to my day. Even if I end up over my calories for the day, the extra 100-150 calories is better than 500 calories of mindless bits of this and that trying to make the hollow feeling go away. I've also found that 3 Hershey's Kisses (~ 60 calories) is a pretty awesome way to treat myself when I need it.

@alaskandelight Pizza cake? What is this monstrous delight and where can I find a recipe? Is it a dessert or a meal? I've made the mealoaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing before, is this pizza cake the same kind of tricksiness?

@happysherri Lazy saved me the other day when I was too lazy to go down to the basement to get cookies out of the freezer. I think it's the same logic that makes people fight for the closest parking spot at the gym. But I'll take my small victories where I can.

Hi all! Sorry I've been away for a few days. Between hubby's birthday and a big party for International Tabletop Day (we're nerds) and generally trying to focus on what my next life chapter looks like, I've been avoiding sitting down at my computer for a few days. (I know I can look at the community stuff through the app on my phone, but I've just been logging my food and shutting down).

You are all doing so well. Little blips on the radar yes, but overall, lots of great progress, and lots of great understandings (is that a word?) about what drives us to make decisions that have negative impacts on our health.

Getting my paperwork for my termination sorted out today. Still working on finding the balance between being productive and trying to enjoy a little downtime. I'm not good at downtime. I can be very lazy, as noted above, but I'm so used to be being busy and on the go all the time that I don't deal with unscheduled time very well. I suspect I'm going to be spending a lot of money on craft supplies this month.
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I had a bad day with eating yesterday but so far so good today. For lunch I had a mulitgrain sandwich thin with thinly sliced roasted turkey and guacamole. It was delicious! My new go to when I want a sandwich.

@KimF0715 I'm in the same boat with weddings etc. I put three dresses I already own on today. Two were too big and one was too small. I have a little over 2 weeks to get into the too small one. I think its doable.

@sabinki That was me yesterday. The evening was my worst time. My husband was out and I'm pretty sure if he had been here, I would have behaved. The chips ahoy cookies were not worth it!

For the rest of the week I'm going to stay within calorie goal and walk. My son has a swim meet on Saturday so I'll be able to walk with the other moms. Then yard work in the afternoon. On Sunday we will move my older son out of his dorm. I can't believe he has finished his first year of college! I'm a proud mama!

Good luck to everyone!
  • alaskandelight
    alaskandelight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @happysherri - I love baking from scratch for others. I would have sent left over cake home with you too! (It's my version of a party favor.) I would have totally derail you awesome lazy skills. ;-)

@aleahurst and @sabinki - getting out of the house is always good. Even just sitting in your yard and looking at everything. If I don't have anything to do and can see my fridge (which is always with an open floor plan) I'll end up snacking. If i really can't help my self, but on my game I'll go with pickles or air popped popcorn. I have an extensive pickled vegetable collection at any given time. Yogurt, almonds, vanilla and cocoa powder (and/or jam) is one of the most satisfying healthy sweet treats I can go with. Blended frozen banana is also amazing. It's a vegan ice cream that can be tinkered with by adding vanilla, nut butter, or cocoa powder. Just be sure to re-freeze your ice-cream after mixing everything together. Hang tough!
  • sabinki
    sabinki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @alaskandelight that ice cream sounds yummy! Im going to have to try it!! I think im going to head outside and mow my lawn. I made crock pot potato/beef soup for the family and was going to make homemade bread to go with it but dont want to turn on the oven because its hot today, well for us 85 is hot in Oregon this time of year lol. I love baking and cooking also!!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @fitzmonkey13 I haven't, always been extra careful to not get much, lol
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday to all!

I've forgiven myself for overeating for 4 days. It happened because I had been ill and my appetite was poor. Once my appetite returned, I ate as if I was starving. I'm back up to 222. I still count it all a victory. Before starting this plan, I gained on average 0.5 pounds a month. Being back up at 222 means that I have not gained the 6 pounds that I would have if not working at it.

Also, it seems that my psyche (maybe yours too) reacts to any type of restriction by going overboard on the restricted item. Therefore, forgiveness is the best policy. Then try again, with perhaps, less commitment. While that seems wrong at first glance, I believe it to be right.

So, to all you who didn't stick to the plan, and to me, I forgive you. Get back to your program with casual and intuitive commitment, and love.

Love to all,

Lea
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    Hope everyone is doing well.

Love reading all your posts. It makes me realize I am not alone and that we all make mistakes. I have not been doing very well these last few days. Going to try to get back on track with eating and working out. I love to workout so that usually is not a problem. Problem is...I love to eat too. LOL

Anyway...
    @alaskandelight - I love to bake also. Doing my granddaughter's one year cake this weekend. Cant wait.
    And how did I not know about pizza cake!!!!

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    struggling to get back on track after falling off the wagon a few days ago.
  • sabinki
    Options
    So yesterday after having some great sucesses of not only fitting into but size 1x capri's being big and losing 1.2 lbs what did i do?? Eat some ice cream and 5, yes 5, granola bars ugh!! Oh well back at good eating. I did burn 551 calories mowing my lawn though but still went over my calories.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all:

Still working on it....being really as strict as I can be. Taking it day by day. I know I will be happy at the end of the month if I've towed the line.

May's a tough one. Mothers' Day. It will be the first Mothers' Day that myself and ALL of my cousins have no Mom (both of my mother's sisters died in the past 5 months.).

But a joyful one....my daughter will be 13 in a week. I will have a teenage daughter.....

Did I say joyful? LOL

So....will have to watch the food in May, but more importantly....THE WINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @KimF0715 - it is said that a little wine-ing about your diet is good for you!

@sabinki - 1x capris! Sounds wonderful.

@jessiquoi - ((hugs)). Blame it on the weather.

Speaking of weather, I need my outdoors time! So I went out on the rain and pulled weeds from the sloshy yard.

Ha!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @KimF0715: I'm sorry that Mother's Day is going to be hard for you. I know the first year or two of holidays after my Mom passed were really hard. Maybe you can get together with your cousins and lean into each other, remembering the good times and honoring your moms and aunts. And congrats about the teenager (I think...lol). My daughter is 16. We got really lucky with her - no major attitude...yet, at least! Take care of yourself!

I'm off to a weekend woman's retreat with my church...1300 women camping out, port-a-potties and hand sanitizer. Really looking forward to spending some time leaning into God and meeting some new friends. Just praying that it doesn't rain too much!

Have a great weekend, ladies!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hello, all my fit warriors! Sorry, I didn't check in yesterday, but my day was busy busy! I am in the same boat as a lot of you with the bad choices of food - However, I forgive myself because today is Cinco de Mayo and that means it's my birthday!!!! <3B)

Yummy food but no guilt - It all started Wednesday night after my 82 minutes of a hard Leg workout at the gym. My bf and I were sitting on the couch and I did not feel like cooking. I do all of the cooking (and cleaning). *Actually I don't mind the actual act of cooking it's the cleaning as you go and the clean up afterwards that I absolutely hate. Any-hoosier, so we went to this little pub that we've been meaning to try and the food was delicious! However, I did not eat a large amount. I only ate 4 or 5 fries, 1 potato skin and less than half of a cheeseburger (I ate healthy the rest of the day). I felt so friggin full! Yesterday, I was invited to a lunch and learn - free lunch, I had an Italian Jimmy Johns sub, Oh and our office celebrated "May the fourth be with you" and I ate a donut. Last night I had about a half a piece of cheesecake with dinner with my son to celebrate my bday. So I continued this morning because -guess what- It's my BIRTHDAY, in case I didn't mention it. My coworkers are ordering me Panera for lunch and then my bf has something planned for tonight - so I'm sure dinner is in there somewhere.

**I am enjoying all of this yummy food, though because I start my cut next week. So after that it will be a while for any type of splurges. :'(

I will not be going to the gym until probably Sunday because I also have mother's day at my daughters sorority on Saturday. My birthday week-weekend is turning out to be great because I got to spend time with my son, my daughter and my bf. :blush:

Thought for the day: Happy Birthday to ME! **Celebrate everyday and spend time with those who make you feel happy when you're around them. Enjoy today and keep pushing through those barriers.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @happysherri :)
  • sabinki
    Options
    @happysherri Happy happy birthday
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    Hello everyone!

@happysherri - Happy Birthday!

@aleahurst - way to get that outdoor time in...you sound like me. I gotta have outdoor time.

Trying really hard to stay motivated today. We have a cookout at lunch today (its raining cats and dogs outside - thank goodness I am not cooking) so the choices wont be the best. But pickleball at 4 to end the day then home to get a ton of house work done. Going to be a very emotional weekend. My granddaughter turns one. We have raised her since she was 3 mths old but she goes home with mom on Sunday. So many mixed emotions about it and trying very hard not to eat due to those emotions. Anyway...it will be good to be able to just go and workout any time and any where I want again.

Have a great day and weekend ladies! I may not be able to check in. I have to a meeting tomorrow, have to make 2 cakes for her birthday party, clean house and decorate. We will see how many steps I get in...oh and if it ever quits raining I get to mow the yard on top of it all. LOL

• aleahurst
    Options
    @rdevol - 1300 women outdoors? AWESOME! And all of you enjoying fellowship in God's love. That sounds great.

Happy Birthday @happysherri, Happy Birthday to you!

@str8bowbabe - be sure to go visit that baby if at all possible. Your attention can make a world of difference in one little life. Have a great weekend. Be sure to taste the cake. It sounds like a lovely celebration!

Yeah, I got to have outdoor time. I am still a slider. Street Lamp Interference Syndrome. That's a pseudo-scientific self diagnosis. After several days of rain and overeating, every battery in my house died. I have to go outside and "ground", also called earthing. My tablet changes screens when I sneeze or yawn. Geesh. Battery driven lights get suddenly very bright then go dead. Appliances fail for no reason. Grumble. I'm still autistic and odd. Sigh.

I still love myself, even with all my oddities. Forgiveness and love have been difficult life lessons. But now, I would not choose things over friendship. People are more important.

Please, all of you, continue to inspire me, by continuing exactly as you are!!!

Love to all.

Lea

• str8bowbabe
    Options
    @aleahurst - I will visit as much as I possibly can. It wont be the same as getting her out of bed every morning, bathing her and putting her to bed every night but she needs momma. Just happy to finally be to this point. Now its time for ME again.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @happysherri!
    Hang in there @jessiquoi - you will get through this slump!
    @aleahurst - keep walking outside and get those fresh veggies in

I had a massage today to work out all the pain in my back and rotator cuff muscles. I have to go back next week, since it is pretty bad. I am taking two days off from swimming to do the walk for animals tomorrow and we don't swim Sunday. We are also volunteering for Feed My Starving Children tomorrow night to feed some starving children. Maybe I will lift weights on Sunday. Hopefully, I can sleep in.

Ouch, I need to ice my muscles and put on some biofreeze. Not much weight loss this week, but I think I am slimming down a little. My massage therapist said something. I think my shoulders are looking less flabby and more muscular. Small steps...

I'm going to go walk my dogs and practice for tomorrow, then off to another track meet.

Have a great weekend everyone.