Nervous

Options
sinead29
sinead29 Posts: 69 Member
So ive been doing circuit training for about 6 months now and i love the weight aspect in it, so my instructor is going to show me how to get started with free weights because i really want to start lifting but im sooo nervous im going to do something wrong or look silly , anyone else feel like this starting off?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Does your instructor have any credentials for training both your circuit training and your free weights? I'd be cautious of the tendency to injure if you were being introduced to free weights with bad form.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't be! Everyone starts somewhere and your instructor is going to help you with form and whatnot right? Don't worry about looking silly! I take a "bootcamp" class where we do all kinds of stuff from body weight exercises to bands and free weights. I felt silly a lot of times (still do!) but I'm getting stronger and healthier every day and that's what it's all about! You can do this!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    DO DEM FREE WEIGHTS!

We all start somewhere; and we all look a little odd doing it at first; kicker? Once you start doing it, and learning how to do it, you start to feel like a boss rather quick. :)

Just as JeromeBarry1 stated; form form form; start with bad form, you'll end with bad form, and probably a lot of pain and suffering in between. :)

LIFT ALL THE THINGS!!
  • sinead29
    sinead29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my first weights session and it was awesome!!