Need advice

Options
In short I want to lose fat without gaining muscle. Any ideas on which type of exercise I should do? I have muscle but it's hiding under the fat lol and I don't want anymore. Thanks

Replies

• UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Strength training & cardio, swimming, yoga, etc
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit. That's all you need to lose weight. You won't gain muscle if you are trying to lose weight. You don't need exercise to lose weight. Everyone has muscle under their fat BTW.
  • neilhoopy
    neilhoopy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    20 mins of hiit..and calorie deficit..healthy eating
  • samarhefka2551
    samarhefka2551 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Maintain a calorie deficit. That's all you need to lose weight. You won't gain muscle if you are trying to lose weight. You don't need exercise to lose weight. Everyone has muscle under their fat BTW.

If I offended you I didn't mean to and I'm sorry. Over the years I have done a good amount of weight training/strengthening and built up a good amount of muscle in my legs and butt but it's in hiding lol. I enjoy my cardio and am currently trying to become a runner (my lungs hate me for it). I appreciate your input!
  • samarhefka2551
    Options
    neilhoopy wrote: »
    20 mins of hiit..and calorie deficit..healthy eating

Hiit is something I've been trying to do so I'm glad to hear I'm on the right track with that! Thank you!
  • samarhefka2551
    Options
    Strength training & cardio, swimming, yoga, etc

Gah I wish I had a pool lol!! I'd practically live in it if I did!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

If I offended you I didn't mean to and I'm sorry. Over the years I have done a good amount of weight training/strengthening and built up a good amount of muscle in my legs and butt but it's in hiding lol. I enjoy my cardio and am currently trying to become a runner (my lungs hate me for it). I appreciate your input!

No offense taken