Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Calories and Macros

Options
Hi
The last 4 weeks I have been on a nutrition plan and on 1580 calories, which was broken down to Carbs 158 Protein 144 and Fat 34 - this plan was put together by a fitness model.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the the meal options, I feel a lot better inside and can feel a difference.

The last two weeks I have been researching calories and macros on My Protein and Illfym (typo) to which they come up with between 1700 - 2220 calories for me. The formula done by weight, height, age etc.

I am now confused LOL as I don't want to eat too much or too less.

So if there is any advice, links , any help at all to point me in the right direction would be fab. Would love to hear from you.

Rachel

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Calories on IIFYM, and I'm assuming the other site, already account for exercise calories, whereas MFP doesn't. Choose one, follow it for a month, and adjust based on your losses.
  • gucci48
    gucci48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Many thanks for that!! What if I don't lose and stay the same , I would like to lose about 10lbs and the last 4 weeks have stayed the same weight although feel better in self and can feel a difference in my clothes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What does MFP give you?
  • gucci48
    Options
    What does MFP give you?
    I think I'm having a blonde moment as i cant see where MFP calculates that, I customised that section :/
  • gucci48
    Options
    What does MFP give you?

MFP default goal is 1200
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    gucci48 wrote: »
    What does MFP give you?

MFP default goal is 1200

Based on what stats and what deficit?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    What does MFP give you?

MFP default goal is 1200
    No that's the minimum (1200 + exercise calories) not a default.
    You hit the minimum because of the weight loss goal you entered and possibly your stats/activity setting.

My calorie advice would be to adjust from where you are now and the results that calorie level provides you in terms of weight loss.

My macro advice would be to avoid setting fixed macros goals which are needlessly restrictive for no good reason.
    This explains it better....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1
  • gucci48
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    What does MFP give you?

MFP default goal is 1200
    No that's the minimum (1200 + exercise calories) not a default.
    You hit the minimum because of the weight loss goal you entered and possibly your stats/activity setting.

My calorie advice would be to adjust from where you are now and the results that calorie level provides you in terms of weight loss.

My macro advice would be to avoid setting fixed macros goals which are needlessly restrictive for no good reason.
    This explains it better....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

Thank you so much for that!