Guys pls help i m not loosing weight

Options
Hey guys...i will tell u my lifestyle..pls say where i m wrong..since i work...my day starts like i get up at 3.30pm in afternoon..and at 4 i have 1 chappati...i cooked veg...and then i have tea made with 1/2cup milk and stevia..later at 7pm i do have sometimes 2 small coffee or 1 popcorn...and then around 9.30 pm i have again 1 chappati...thats it with no exercises or workout because i have this neck pain and shoulder pain..so cant even go for walk which aagggravates my pain.
Guys still not even loosing 1 pound..where i m am going wrong pls advise..

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    When did you start? Your height, weight, and goal weight? Age and gender?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit? That's the #1 thing for weight loss.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    First thing's first: Use a TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calculator to calculate how many calories your body burns on an average day without exercise.

I like this calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

You input your weight, height, age, gender. Use the standard "Sedentary Lifestyle, Little or No Exercise, Moderate Walking, Desk Job (Away from Home) (1.2)" if you are not very active.

Then look at your "TDEE" value. This is how many calories your body burns over a 24 hour period with little exercise.

Eat fewer calories than that number and lose weight. Eat more calories than that number and gain weight. Most people recommend eating 500 calories below your TDEE to lose approximately 1 pound a week.

The key here is COUNTING your calories. Buy a digital kitchen scale and weigh your meals and ingredients. If you're cooking a chicken breast for dinner, weigh the raw chicken and search for "raw boneless skinless chicken breast" (or whatever type of chicken you're using) and put the gram value you weighed into your diary. Do the same for every other part of your meal - your butter, your seasonings, your sauces, your vegetables.

Weigh and log everything as accurately as possible. And you should see results in the coming weeks.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    1 chapati as in 1 piece of flatbread?
  • 1canadianmom
    1canadianmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    First thing's first: Use a TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calculator to calculate how many calories your body burns on an average day without exercise.

I like this calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

You input your weight, height, age, gender. Use the standard "Sedentary Lifestyle, Little or No Exercise, Moderate Walking, Desk Job (Away from Home) (1.2)" if you are not very active.

Then look at your "TDEE" value. This is how many calories your body burns over a 24 hour period with little exercise.

Eat fewer calories than that number and lose weight. Eat more calories than that number and gain weight. Most people recommend eating 500 calories below your TDEE to lose approximately 1 pound a week.

The key here is COUNTING your calories. Buy a digital kitchen scale and weigh your meals and ingredients. If you're cooking a chicken breast for dinner, weigh the raw chicken and search for "raw boneless skinless chicken breast" (or whatever type of chicken you're using) and put the gram value you weighed into your diary. Do the same for every other part of your meal - your butter, your seasonings, your sauces, your vegetables.

Weigh and log everything as accurately as possible. And you should see results in the coming weeks.

• 1canadianmom
    Options
    toxikon, I've never done this, and I am struggling to lose weight as well, I put my info into the calculator. My TDEE is 1026...so I should only be eating 526 calories per day to lose weight? I'm fairly active (step classes and weight lifting 4-5 times a week).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    toxikon, I've never done this, and I am struggling to lose weight as well, I put my info into the calculator. My TDEE is 1026...so I should only be eating 526 calories per day to lose weight? I'm fairly active (step classes and weight lifting 4-5 times a week).

What are your stats? 1026 is extremely low for a TDEE, especially if active.
  • poonamuma
    poonamuma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When did you start? Your height, weight, and goal weight? Age and gender?

From last 20 days..my height is 5.2 and wwight is 165 lbs i m afemale...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    poonamuma wrote: »
    Hey guys...i will tell u my lifestyle..pls say where i m wrong..since i work...my day starts like i get up at 3.30pm in afternoon..and at 4 i have 1 chappati...i cooked veg...and then i have tea made with 1/2cup milk and stevia..later at 7pm i do have sometimes 2 small coffee or 1 popcorn...and then around 9.30 pm i have again 1 chappati...thats it with no exercises or workout because i have this neck pain and shoulder pain..so cant even go for walk which aagggravates my pain.

How many calories are you eating and how are you measuring those?
  • 1canadianmom
    Options
    my height is 67 inches tall, 190lbs, goal weight is 160 (53 and F)
  • poonamuma
    Options
    lioness803 wrote: »
    1 chapati as in 1 piece of flatbread?

Yes correct
  • poonamuma
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    poonamuma wrote: »

How many calories are you eating and how are you measuring those?

Its 1200 calories
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    my height is 67 inches tall, 190lbs, goal weight is 160 (53 and F)

I put your numbers into the calculator and it came out with a BMR of 1,500, TDEE of 2137?
  • 1canadianmom
    Options
    sorry poonamuma. I kind of budged in. You and I are having the same problem, so it was a great question.
  • 1canadianmom
    Options
    oh, ok!! I was looking at the bottom of the calculator...I see it now. So I should be taking in 1500 calories per day? Also, is weighing better unit of calorie determination than using a measuring cup?
  • 1canadianmom
    Options
    Thank you so much Sunfastrose!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    oh, ok!! I was looking at the bottom of the calculator...I see it now. So I should be taking in 1500 calories per day? Also, is weighing better unit of calorie determination than using a measuring cup?

Yes. Cups should be for liquid only and everything else should go on a food scale.
  • poonamuma
    Options
    sorry poonamuma. I kind of budged in. You and I are having the same problem, so it was a great question.

Whats ur weight and what do u eat in a day
  • alyalot
    alyalot Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I wasnt losing weight initially, but then i invested in a food weighing scale and saw a huge difference and realized how easily i over-estimated the quantity. So surely get a weighing scale.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just judging by your original post, I'd say your problem is that you're trying to wing it. You didn't give any useful info (age/weight/height/gender, what your calorie goal is, or how many calories you're eating). Now maybe you are carefully tracking all that, but it just seems like you probably aren't, and you need to.

So if you *are* tracking everything carefully and still not losing weight, then something else is going wrong. Your personal metabolism might be low, which means you're going to need to tweak your target calories downward. Or, as somebody else mentioned, you might be estimating your consumption wrong, and a scale can help you get an accurate grasp on your intake. The numbers always work, you just need to make sure you have the right numbers for you. :)