NSV and subsequent scale disappointment!

Options
I had a HUGE NSV, I caught my reflection and I looked exactly how I thought I would. It was nuts, I saw the young athletic person that I expected. The next morning, gained a pound. A pound just one pound, but I felt really disappointed by it. Didn't hit monthly goal. I was even considering lowering my gw because loss had been steady, oh well. Patience. Patience. Patience.

Anyone else have an exciting NSV only to be disappointed by the scale?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I take scale weight with a grain of salt. There are so many variables affecting it that it is only useful to look at when you have like, three months of data. So, when I weigh, I say "Ah, another data point" rather than "bah, a pound gained".
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's gone this morning. I'm thinking of starting to weigh daily so that I can remember it's just data. It's embarrassing how much that one day threw me into discouragement. That attitude isn't going to get me far once I'm maintaining.
  • heidi4fox50
    heidi4fox50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale out the window because I use to obsess over it. so I waited ten weeks butsted my butt worked out 6 days a week and was still very active on the rest days. I was so confident that when I went on the scale I was going to be at least 20+ pounds lighter since all my clothes were falling off, I had so much muscle tone and felt so strong compared to ten weeks ago.. I get on the scale and wow........ 15 pounds not even close to what I was expecting.. I had a bit of a tantrum and wanted to give up on the the hard work I had done but after a few hours decided this time im not giving up.. So that has to be my best nsv yep.. mental focus and dedication.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My scale said I was up in weight but dropped a whole % point (I know they're not accurate but mine has been consistent at least) and I've lost 2 more inches off my waist. Just don't let the scale in your mind, it's just a tool. Took me years to separate my feelings from that number.