Greetings from San Diego ~ Looking for friends to go through this journey with

Options
time4alisha
time4alisha Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Greetings from San Diego! I'd love to get to know you. Will you join me on this journey? Looking for as much support as possible as I aim to lose about 100 pounds.

My name is Alisha and I'm the mom of three boys (Brandon 20, Garrett 13 and Jayden 11). I've never lost the added weight from my last three pregnancies. I had a daughter, Grace born too early and she would be 12.

I'm from San Diego and recently moved back after being away for quite a long time. My sister, niece, aunt in addition to my boys are my Biggest motivators right now. I go to the gym with my sister, niece and aunt weekly now.

I restarted my journey about a month ago and seem to be doing okay so far. I've got a long way to go. I'm using the Garmin VivoSmart HR+ along with MyFitnessPal. I'm finding that when I use these two together, along with doing fitness classes at the gym several times a week, I'm effectively loosing weight and some inches. I'm currently doing Absolution, Yoga and Zumba classes and have found them to be fun (a big workout for me).

Hoping that I can remain on this path to wellness and a better, healthier me. :)

Replies

• beachlovertam
    beachlovertam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am in North County on the border of Oceanside/Vista.
  • suzanne2581
    suzanne2581 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just started my journey, I have 3/4 stone to loose. I started the gym this week
  • sg4e
    sg4e Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Diego as well and just starting my journey. I don't have a lot of time in my schedule but it would be nice to meet a few other people in the area to potentially meet up with every now and again and share our victories, be it little or big!
    24 yrs old
    Female
    5'2"
    SW-186
    CW- 175
    GW- 110
  • PatriciiaCeballos
    PatriciiaCeballos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from East County. I'm looking for motivation and ideas! Please add me! It would be nice to communicate with other members nearby.
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    The5thGoldenGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm downtown, which part are you in? I actually just started today, and I did alright today considering Im trying to control my binging which is super hard. I have kids too, which motivate me so I can be around for them longer AND I aim to lose about 100 total. Please feel free to add me :)
  • tessasmithOK
    tessasmithOK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Alisha, thank you for sharing! I'm Tessa. I would like to lose 100 pounds too. I'm 43 and have found it increasingly more difficult to lose weight and am very concerned about my health. I'm on a cleanse right now. I know my change has to be permanent this time. But I am afraid that I will not just keep exceptions durning and after my cleanse. I am trying to change my thought patterns about food. I am beginning to see slow changes in the way I think of food. I've lost 6 pounds so far. I'd love to join you on this journey.
  • ForestLove
    ForestLove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My goal is 100 pounds as well. I started at 245 on Monday. 145 is my goal. Please feel free to add me. I just came back again to MFP after a long hiatus. Happy to be back, just looking for good motivated people on here.

• 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just moved to the area in March, PQ area, and have lost 40lbs but have 30 to go and Definitely need to find the motivation to get going again!