Best HIIT/bodyweight/strength exercise at home?

Options
I currently jog for 30 to 40 minutes three to four times a week for cardio but am starting to plateau at 167 pounds after 28 pounds lost.
I've always been clueless when it comes to any form of exercise outside of cardio.
Due to financial constraints, gym membership is out of the question.
Just hoping to get some advice and opinions on the best HIIT/bodyweight/strength training without equipment that I can start doing to boost my weight loss?
If anyone can suggest any particular plans/exercises/videos it would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like Zuzka Light's HIIT workouts. She has many that you can do without equipment. When I had my first child and became a stay at home mom 5 years ago I started doing her workouts. She has lots of youtube videos

Here is one
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ihzLWnFfxGY
  • Crackertime
    Crackertime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender. They have a YouTube channel you won't believe. I use them everyday for strength training, hiit, core, etc. They are a couple and are very down to earth. I really like how they teach proper technique to movements. Read the reviews from others! I am stronger and have more endurance and confidence. I've also lost weight working out with them. The best part has been the changes in my body, such as posture. Give them a go!
  • LuluIsLosing
    LuluIsLosing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I second fitness blender! Tons of variety and accessible for all fitness levels. I use it for strength training 3-4 times a week.
  • krfitmom
    krfitmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I third fitness blender! I just started and three days in, I'm hooked.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yep, Fitness Blender...both my wife and I enjoy their workouts.
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There's so many hiiit workouts on YouTube
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Absolutely FitnessBlender.com!
  • pedrobowlespb
    pedrobowlespb Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    slg1009 wrote: »
    I currently jog for 30 to 40 minutes three to four times a week for cardio but am starting to plateau at 167 pounds after 28 pounds lost.
    I've always been clueless when it comes to any form of exercise outside of cardio.
    Due to financial constraints, gym membership is out of the question.
    Just hoping to get some advice and opinions on the best HIIT/bodyweight/strength training without equipment that I can start doing to boost my weight loss?
    If anyone can suggest any particular plans/exercises/videos it would be greatly appreciated!

I suggest sprinting with the minimal amount of rest. For example. Sprint for 20 secs rest 10secs the sprint again 15 secs rest5 secs. And if ur still up for a workout u could do the resistance training with a towel. Im sure u will find videos on youtube about it. Luke push ups with a towel, bicep, etc etc.. U could wall sit. Lunge. Air squat. Jumping jacks. Do core exercises such as plank. Side planks. Legs raises. Keeping in mind the higher the intensity (less rest time) the more u will "feel" it :tongue: i also recomend u start a diet, or switching it up, it will macimise ur results :$ hope i've been helpful. Insta: pedrocarlos.fit
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The Nike+ Training app is free and has a nice variety. There is also Nerdfitness (which has a bodyweight routine on there free) and darebee.com - which has a lot of bodyweight programs.