Appetite suppressants

Options
Favorite appetite suppressants for those between meal cravings? I'm loving this lavender lemonade kombucha today (House brand).

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    ahnamac wrote: »
    Favorite appetite suppressants for those between meal cravings? I'm loving this lavender lemonade kombucha today (House brand).

Huh?

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,932 Member
    Options
    Satiation. I experimented with my macros, timing of eating, and even specific food choices, in order to feel satiated most of the time.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    Coffee, diet soda, staying busy
  • elleaitch11
    elleaitch11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Reading a really engrossing book or exercising.
  • ahnamac
    ahnamac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'd call kombucha an appetite supressor, mostly because it has calories. I'd be careful with using it, the calories can add up.
    20 calories for 8oz, plus the probiotics, is worth it for me. And it does suppress appetite. :)
  • ahnamac
    Options
    Coffee is a good one, but how do you all deal with the caffeine? Even decaf past a certain point in the day gets to me.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ahnamac wrote: »
    Coffee is a good one, but how do you all deal with the caffeine? Even decaf past a certain point in the day gets to me.

you really shouldn't be needing to feel like you need to suppress your hunger all day long. Eating should take care of it at some point. so If so then something else is a problem. Calorie goals or macros or needing to eat food with more volume or depending on how long you have been doing this, a maintenance break. Or a combination of any of that.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Protein works very well.
  • ahnamac
    Options
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm reducing my calorie and fat intake a lot right now. I'm talking about getting through the first couple of weeks of that. I'm eating consistently throughout the day, protein, veg, etc. I'm meal planning. I'm exercising. I'm drinking tons of water. I got all of that. What I need is something to help with the cravings for the things I'm not eating (bagels with lots of cream cheese, for example), and for those cravings, what do you do? Exercise, distraction, water, none of it works in those moments for me.
  • ahnamac
    Options
    I will work on increasing my protein. And maybe try some non caffeinated teas. Thanks!
  • ahnamac
    Options
    I'd also love to know how and when folks eat what to keep from feeling hungry. Today was rough. 4pm I was starving, but I ate healthy snacks and meals regularly throughout the day.
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Drinking water while eating. Even when I eat veggies and drink a litter of water with them don't feel as hungry till the next meal.

Also is better to change your calorie deficit and lose at slower rate than feeling hungry with a diet.