Looking for someone who can get me back on track and motivated.

Options
maretacheney17
maretacheney17 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
I find the hardest thing to do these days is get and keep on track. I was pretty fit and very active before I got pregnant. I had my daughter Jan 2017, and jusy can't seem to get back on track and motivated.

I'm just looking for people who is having a similar issue and needs the motivation as well.

Thanks!!!

Mareta

Replies

• maretacheney17
    Options
    Your absolutely right! I think it's more about accountability. I moved to a new city and still am trying to make friends. In my old city, I always had a small group of friends that I would go Running with, we always were there for each other. And motivated each other. I guess I'm more looking for people who are open to discussing what their doing now for activity and feeding off their motivation and energy.
  • 2Girls1Boy3Cats
    2Girls1Boy3Cats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is a bit late and I hope things have started tho work out better. You may be dealing with some post partum issues and it takes a while for hormones too get back to normal. As well, sometimes that time after having a baby - especially if it's your first and you just moved - can be a little lonely. Everything is different. Please be kind too yourself. Look into joining something like Stroller Strides where you can meet others in the same place. There is also exercisefriends.com - a free service too meet people who like the same workouts that you do inn your area. Other options include the ymca, mommy and me classes, and meetup.com for mom groups with similar aged kids.

Dont beat yourself up about not jumping back to where you were pre-pregnancy. You are a different you now and this new you will find her own normal. We do need others - we are social creatures. Go on - go find your new tribe and enjoy this only-lived-once life with your new little person... T
  • maretacheney17
    Options
    Wow! Thank you much! That was exactly what I need!!! I will definently join those groups! They sound like fun!!

Your definitely right -- I tend to be way to hard on myself in general. If there's anytime to give myself a little break it would be now.

I really really appreciate your message and super awesome advice!!
  • MikiBellah68
    MikiBellah68 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • katesxox6813
    katesxox6813 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in a similar situation. I have an 8 month old son, and I can't seem to stick to a diet plan, or even stay motivated. My son still hardly sleeps, and doesn't eat too well... So most of the time, I'm exhausted and it's just hard for me to even really 'care,' but I DO care. I am a stay at home mom, just recently started CrossFit, and I don't have a lot of friends. My husband is a fitness guru, he has no problem eating healthy, sticking to a diet, and working out. He looks amazing. I just need some one to really hold me accountable.