Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Just starting out and was wondering if anyone has tried taking apple cider vinegar to boost metabolism? I've seen so much around about it lately. Has anyone had any success with it?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kmj254 wrote: »
    Just starting out and was wondering if anyone has tried taking apple cider vinegar to boost metabolism? I've seen so much around about it lately. Has anyone had any success with it?

it doesnt boost metabolism. it does nothing for weight loss
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I've drank it....the most I can credit to it was an increase in energy. I felt like when I was drinking it daily within a 3hr period I would feel an energy rush...was it ACV? Who knows...but that was the only variable that was different day to day for me, as far as weight loss....it was CICO all the way :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's just the latest in a long series of miracle weight loss products, that in truth do absolutely bugger all.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I just used it a few days ago as a diluted throat gargle, to treat strep throat! followed by a dose of fresh garlic, and this combo totally cleared me up, no trip to the Dr's office needed!

I have not used it regularly, but it's worth some research to see what ACV offers.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I buy it to use as salad dressing because I think it tastes nice, I've never used it. to try and boost my metabolism because it can't do that.
  • corinna_corinna
    corinna_corinna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a myfitnesspal friend that is using it right now for this reason. she does feel an energy boost. the main thing she's noticed is that it's keeping her regular which is helping her lose weight right now. while i wouldn't expect it to boost my metabolism i use it because apple cider vinegar has great health benefits.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Try the....
    <snip>
    No. Fad diets are not the way, unless your desired result is frustration and failure.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    One of the guys I work with says its good - but he's taking it along with a keto eating plan and has dropped a huge amount of weight this year. What interested me more is that he was using it to remove skin tags - wiping it on and they eventually disappeard
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Try the 3 week Diet melt away 1-2 pounds of body fat everyday for the first 7 days http://51f67809l8vdg-kta3lbe7qq33.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=3LC
    Yeah, no. Peddle it on FB.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    No, but there's a dandy old-fashioned energy drink called switchel you can make with vinegar. I have yet to try it, but I understand it's very refreshing.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The skin tags thing reminds me of the old folk remedy of "buying warts" off people (usually kids). You give them a nickel for their warts and often they really do disappear. I think it's mental, like a crazy placebo effect. I wonder if ACV works on the skin tags for a similar reason--because the guy has such faith that ACV will remove them, they go away. The human body is crazy.
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ACV MFP official meme. :D
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't because it sounds like a waste of money. And I like money.

If ACV was such a boon to weight loss and given the sheer number of people who are literally desperate to loss weight would it not stand to reason that ACV companies would be all over the news reporting they are richer than Google? Given they are not what does that suggest?
  • jloverosegold
    jloverosegold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ACV has been famous on the internet as part of detox etc. But, with weight loss? I've heard other people said it's effective. I haven't tried it though since I'm already taking a lot for my diet like Garcinia supplement, which is btw, effective. Anyway, ACV will not make you lose weight, but it might help you. At the end of the day it's still the food we eat and activities we do that makes us lose weight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ACV has been famous on the internet as part of detox etc. But, with weight loss? I've heard other people said it's effective. I haven't tried it though since I'm already taking a lot for my diet like Garcinia supplement, which is btw, effective. Anyway, ACV will not make you lose weight, but it might help you. At the end of the day it's still the food we eat and activities we do that makes us lose weight.

Sorry to burst your bubble: Even garcinia has been scientifically proven to not work. Plus, it was endorsed by the quack Dr Oz. You know what happened to him regarding BS weight supplements, right?

Detoxes are woo as well.

If any of these supplements work, why are there still overweight and obese people in the world?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The skin tags thing reminds me of the old folk remedy of "buying warts" off people (usually kids). You give them a nickel for their warts and often they really do disappear. I think it's mental, like a crazy placebo effect. I wonder if ACV works on the skin tags for a similar reason--because the guy has such faith that ACV will remove them, they go away. The human body is crazy.

Not a word of a lie, when I was a teen, I had 3 warts on my hand that had been there a long time. I was terrified of having them burned off. I got a job in fast food and the supervisor told me they'd have to go. I made an appointment to have them burned off, but I was freaking out (I was a bit of a wuss back then). Lo and behold, by the day before my appointment, a week later, all 3 had just dried up and fallen off.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    So much woo in this thread. ACV makes pork tasty.