Big... no HUGE rib cage problems...

Options
I've lost 12 pounds so far and for reasons I think are related to aunt flow I havnt lost any weight in 2 weeks which is incredibly discouraging! But my biggest issue and confidence deflator is my giant rib cage!!! Am I the only one dealing with this??? Is there a way to "shrink" it?? I can't even wear regular shorts because my rib cage all the way around give me a weird shape and makes me self conscious...

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Looks completely normal to me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,074 Member
    Options
    You can't shrink your actual skeleton. :huh:

Some people have large hips, some have short legs. It's just how you are built, but it doesn't look unusually large.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a single thing wrong with your body. And no of course you cannot shrink your bones.

I would like to make a suggestion though, perhaps evening out bottom to top would increase your confidence. I know what it's like to simply dislike something even if you can't change it. Maybe build your muscles on your thighs and booty to make the bottom half of the hourglass match the top? Idk, I find all my bones bothersome as I lose weight.

I used to be round and have curvy bits, and now I'm finding angles I've never had before and it's hard to deal with. Did you used to have a bigger tummy? Maybe you just need time to get used to the changes. I know I do!
  • Holly_Pinque229
    Holly_Pinque229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya lady! I thought the same thing about me and always asked EVERYONE if it looked normal. LOL but what i thought was bones and my "structure" (if you will) was actually just a layer of pudge on me. When i lost the weight it actually went away! Not completely, but definitely less noticeable! Don't worry about it - you look great regardless and should love you and your body no matter what. It's just a part of the journey, so don't sweat the small stuff :smile: (hint: its all small stuff) Just keep doin what you are doin! You are moving in the right direction. <3
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You look good to me. I'd never think twice if I saw you out and about in shorts.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look unusual at all.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Sorry you look quite normal to me too. h
  • Tonkajoe
    Tonkajoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    just a guess .. but might be due to Visceral Fat. If you have a lot of fat around your organs they tend to spread out. Perhaps this also can cause your rib cage to change shape? I would assume once you lost a fair amount of that Visceral. Your rib cage would change its size again .. Maybe?
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post this a few weeks ago, or was that someone else? Seeing your rib cage when laying on your back on the bed is completely normal. The other picture standing up also looks completely normal. You have a waist. So do most people. You can't "shrink" your rib cage, unless you go get yourself some of that surgery to have a couple of bones removed. I was kidding, don't do that.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just say you're big-boned. It'll even be true.

Seriously, I don't see an issue here any more than anyone else does. You're just not yet used to how you look with less weight on.