Home workouts

Options
I am lightly active. I work at home. I don't have time to go to the gym and I don't want to spend more than what I'm already spending with my nutrition. Here in the Philippines, products are quite expensive. A 3-day groceries might cost a thousand pesos which is US$20. Gym membership is also quite pricey. But I always been frustrated with my body fats, specially my inner thighs, belly and arm fats!

Does a home workout effective? What kind of workouts? I don't have any exercise equipment. Sometimes, I use a freaking watermelon as a medicine ball for squats and lunges.

Replies

• DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Try Darebee. Little or no equipment needed and they have cardio/HIIT and strength routines. (Google "Darebee workouts")

I've used them and lost weight and built up strength.

Good luck.

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 DVD. I really did lose some inches in thirty days with just 35 minutes a day.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Beachbody on Demand is awesome. Very affordable and tons of workouts that stream to your devices.
  • NewSouthernBelle
    NewSouthernBelle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Fitnesblender.com - they have a ton of different workouts free on youtube. Even though I have a gym membership, I actually do more of their workouts than I go there.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    You can definitely get in shape by working out at home. There are tons of workouts that you can do. I agree with the above (FitnessBlender and Darebee).

That is great that you use a watermelon for a medicine ball. If you can, get some bags and fill them up with sand/dirt. Use what you can. There are tons of body weight exercises, too (no equipment needed). Cardio kickboxing, walking/running, climbing stairs (etc) are all great and don't need equipment either.

Good luck.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, when I'm in the mood for at home cardio, I'm TOTALLY a Beachbody fitness girl. Hip Hop Abs, and hmmm what's it called... Brazilian Butt Lift. They're both fun and I ALWAYS see results with them.

Apart from that, weights. Lifting lots of weights. Heavy weights. I'll choose to lift weights over doing cardio any day.