Beverages

Shouldn't we be tracking beverages too other than water? Is there an option for this and I'm just missing it?

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    I track my beverages with my meals.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Yes anything with calories, track it!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Just add whatever beverages you are drinking in with the meals. Or you can create a meal category for beverages.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Track it the same way you track food. Or if it really bothers you then you can add a beverage category where you change the meal names.
  • jenirolsing22
    jenirolsing22 Posts: 2 Member
    Perfect. I'll check it out. Thanks!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    I add all booze and milky hot drinks from cafes or coffee shops like hot chocolate, cappuccino, flat white, latte.

I don't log my water and I don't log my tea. Naughty but I'm still losing. I do log my breakfast cuppa but I don't the rest of the day. I don't use sugar and only a splash of milk. Oops.
  • evelyn1942mfp
    evelyn1942mfp Posts: 1 Member
    I need help to stick to it
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I track caloric beverages as food.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    This is what i do, not sure if it's "right", but seems to work for me:

If it has calories i track it as food so calories are logged. If it's something like juice i'll track the calories but also count it as water since it's till helping to hydrate me.
    If it has a lot of caffeine (black coffee or diet soda) i don't log it because i feel like the diuretic properties cancel out the hydrating effect. I will log any milk/creamer and sugar in the coffee, or a full calorie soda as 'food'.
    If it's a lower caffeine item like tea (which i drink plain) i'll log it as water.