Frusturated!!

Options
OK I have been at the gym for 4 weeks now 6 days a week and I have gained 4 pounds I don't understand this Please HELP I am getting very discouraged.:angry:

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    hows your eating?
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    could it be that you're gaining more muscle now??? muscle's heavier than fat! =)
  • Geordiegal08
    Geordiegal08 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Muscle gain??? or is working out more making you eat more???
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Your muscles might be holding onto water to repair themselves, give yourself some time, they say you should'n't weigh yourself for 2 weeks after you first start working out. So no worries keep working at it, drink plenty of water and those muscles will let that water go soon. I read it takes a month of solid strength training to gain a pound of muscle so it's probably not that just yet. definitely water retention
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You could be gaining muscle, retaining water. 4 weeks is pretty early in the game, you body is getting use to your new activity. Give it time it will shed itself off. Could be TOM too.
  • Peacle
    Peacle Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey!
    MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!
    That is totally normal, you are toning so will initially weigh more. Keep at it :)
    xx
  • pwrchrd
    pwrchrd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you expending at the gym?
    How many calories are you consuming?

If there is a deficit then you will eventually lose lbs.

Be truthful about both and IN/OUT on calories, otherwise, this program doesn't work.:glasses:
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your food diary (assuming you've kept it updated and accurate), cannot really help. Just because we spend energy and burn calories at the gym, does not guarantee us weight loss...we've got to have our nutirtion in check as well.