Help and encouragement

Options
I am starting my exercise and weight loss today. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I know none of you know me but I could really use some help with this. I don't get any at home. My husband just bought me 2 things of Pringles potato chips after being told several times I am trying to lose weight. I have a lot of stress in my life and need to have someone in my head saying "NO" so maybe if I see it enough it will get in there. Thank you so much for your help. It is going to be a long strange trip.

Replies

• harperhunny
    Options
    Just try to stay strong...:flowerforyou:
  • Peacle
    Peacle Posts: 2
    Options
    You can do it!!!! :o)
    xx
  • ASUAlumniMamaof2
    Options
    You CAN do this and just remind yourself of all the reasons you are doing this.

Keep your chin up!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to friend me ^_^

My fiancé used to do the exact ame thing. He did it because he felt guilty buying himself sweet and not me. Once we knew why he was doing it, we oon came to a deal. He gets to buy sweet throughout the week and then it's my choice wether I want the sweets or the equivelent money. I uually choose the equivelent money and this month am buying zumba for the wii with what he's spent on sweets! Maybe your hubby is doing something similar? if so, maybe a similar solution could be the solution.
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    With weight loss and exercise, it's ALL mental. As soon as you make up your mind that you want to change your body, the rest will fall into place. Of course you will have bad days, but the point is to not give up after those. Just wake up the next morning and continue with the good habits.

You've picked a great website, everyone here is very helpful and supportive.

Just believe in yourself, there is nothing that you can't do if you put your mind in the right place. Feel free to call out if you ever need support! Sometimes the people that can tell you "NO" are not living with you but are online! :)

Good luck!
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Aww that sucks! I know where you are coming from, my husband always wants to go out to eat, or get dessert! You can do this, you just have to say NO and remember you are doing this for you!
  • cardglor
    cardglor Posts: 29
    Options
    Get rid of the Pringles..it may feel good to stomp on them and crush them then throw them out.:smile:
  • smott74
    smott74 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have only be at this for 3 weeks today. I've lost 4 pounds. So...I'm still a newbie. In my opinion, the first week is the toughest! I wish you the best! If I can stick to it I firmly believe ANYONE can do it. I never thought I would be one to stick to something like this. It gets much easier as you go. Take one day at a time. :happy: