Protein bar recommendations.

Options
azampino1
azampino1 Posts: 29 Member
edited May 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I am looking for protien bars/ high protein healthy snacks. That are nut free, low lactose, and have no pea protein. I am currently eating beef jerky, 2oz.=24g protein. I am trying to cut down on sodium and need an alternative. I need something that does require refrigeration, that I can carry with me during work.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Quest, Kind, and Pure Protein are my favs. You'll have to check the labels to see if they meet your criteria.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into making your own beef jerky or buying low sodium beef jerky?
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Kind bars and Mission1 (Muscletech brand). I like Mission1 because they tend to be low on net carbs, decent on fat and high on protein. I find them at Walmart.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Quest
  • nab212
    nab212 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Quest and mission1 are my go to. A little on the expensive side. Esp quest but best quality. In my opinion.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I like quest and Atkins. Power crunch bars are good too
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh Yeah bars taste quite a bit better than quest, but like quest, are hit and miss.

I like OSTRIM elk bars too. No idea on sodium - I don't have any sodium specific health concerns so I dont bother tracking it.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Kirkland (Costco house brand) bars are cheap and similar macros to Quest. But they only have 2 flavors.

If you want more variety try Combat Crunch.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Pro Supps My Bar are excellent on taste and 220 calories.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    There was just a thread here on the best tasting protein bars. Do a search.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I like -

Power Crunch, chocolate
    Clif Builder, chocolate mint
    MyBar, peanut crunch (probably doesn't meet your no-nuts requirement, but some other flavors might)
    ProBar Base, chocolate bliss

You'll have to check the labels to see if they meet all your specifications.
  • nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cheldadex wrote: »
    Kirkland (Costco house brand) bars are cheap and similar macros to Quest.

Kirkland are my number one for sure! I also like Powerbar and PowerCrunch but they haven't been as good since I discovered Kirkland.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I absolutely hate the quest style protein bars. Don't care if you microwave them or what, just the way they chew... Reminds me of how now and laters are.

The quest peanut butter cups are pretty good. They have a weird taste to them but I find them more bearable. Optimum Nutrition cake bites also and the power crunch protein bars what I usually go for.
  • VeganSarah0506
    VeganSarah0506 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No cow Bars! And vegan friendly:)