There's a sentence I never thought I'd have to say

Options
JeepHair77
JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
My husband doesn't know my name.

My maiden name is not terribly uncommon, but it's spelled differently than the way most people would spell it. Then I went and hyphenated it when my husband and I got married, so most of the world is confused by my name. Understandable.

Today, my husband is filling out some paperwork, and called me for help. I had to walk him through my name, the fact that my last name is hyphenated, and the spelling and punctuation of it. And his questions indicated that perhaps he doesn't actually know what a "hypen" is, so I finally gave up and e-mailed it to him to cut and paste.

We've been married four years.

You've got to be kidding me.

Replies

• CWynne3
    CWynne3 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! This is golden! :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I was married for 8 years. I know that my anniversary and my ex-wife's birthday are both some time this month. . Luckily, nobody will harass me for missing those any more. .
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    For me it's:
    Irish wristwatch
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i feel shame, and i feel as though i should apologize just because i'm a dude.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I've been married 6 years, took the husband's name... and still sign my maiden name sometimes.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Don't give him sex for 6 months.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    We had been married for 5 years when my husband had to put my full name on something. He put my middle name as Veronica. It's not, it's Valerie. He also mixed up our children's dates of birth when he registered them in a new school.

We were going on holiday with my son and his girlfriend who is of Chinese parents but born in England. We knew her as Diane. She had to have her name on the travel documents as they appeared on her birth certificate. It was a Chinese name and she didn't know it and had to ring her brother to find out what her name was.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Don't give him sex for 6 months.

Why reward him.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    You all should post the postive things about your significant other
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »

I should probably write this down. It sounds like a life lesson.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's a bit dyslexic
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my wife going on 12 years in August and together for 17...to this day I still confuse her birthday and my dad's as they are a day apart and I have to look at a calendar to be sure.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

My husband has never forgotten my birthday, our wedding anniversary, the day we met, or any other significant date in our relationship. AND he takes me to lunch every Friday AND he buys me flowers every Friday (he calls it "Flowers Friday"). He always opens doors for me, never allows me to carry in more than my fair share of groceries, helps me with all of the household chores (even laundry) and takes care of all of the bills. He's AMAZING. Yes, I'm bragging because I went through 2 horrible, failed marriages before I found him and I'm one lucky b*&tch and realize it! Positive enough for you? :)

you left out the part where you say y'all have been married for 2 weeks :p
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

My husband has never forgotten my birthday, our wedding anniversary, the day we met, or any other significant date in our relationship. AND he takes me to lunch every Friday AND he buys me flowers every Friday (he calls it "Flowers Friday"). He always opens doors for me, never allows me to carry in more than my fair share of groceries, helps me with all of the household chores (even laundry) and takes care of all of the bills. He's AMAZING. Yes, I'm bragging because I went through 2 horrible, failed marriages before I found him and I'm one lucky b*&tch and realize it! Positive enough for you? :)

Damn..I would be mad, all that money spent on flowers. I'm such a romantic though.

Oh, and I got it right the first time. I win. BOOM