2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ksz1104 wrote: »
    PikaJoyJoy wrote: »
    bbpoutine wrote: »
    I am addicted to diet coke. It is 0 calories but i know that it isn't good for us. I intend to buy a soda stream and if I add some fruits to it. Hope this will work.

Why isn't it good for you?

I would assume because of the artificial sweetener.

then you have assumed wrong...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    dfwesq wrote: »
    ksz1104 wrote: »
    PikaJoyJoy wrote: »
    bbpoutine wrote: »
    I am addicted to diet coke. It is 0 calories but i know that it isn't good for us. I intend to buy a soda stream and if I add some fruits to it. Hope this will work.

Why isn't it good for you?

I would assume because of the artificial sweetener.
    There are a couple of good discussions on artificial sweeteners. I'm not sure what @bbpoutine thought wasn't healthy, so I don't know if that was it.

In general, sodas aren't great for you. I'm not saying dangerous, but just not the healthiest. For example, they contain phosphoric acid, which can weak tooth enamel. There are also some chemical ingredients that are questionable. I'm not saying they're dangerous, but I also wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to play it safe by avoiding them.

https://medium.com/the-method/diet-drinks-arent-killing-you-54c9e5d06c30
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Here is an idea that worked for me I thought I'd share it with you.

I am addicted to soda but I realized that it might be one of the main reasons why my belly area is still not getting smaller. I tried this method and it worked really fine. We fear from social media criticism so I decided to take a picture of the last soda can Iam having and post it quoting that this is the last time I am having this for example (or you can say a year from now I can have a sip again) and just like that I stopped. I always replace it with water or fresh juice and by time (not much maybe a week) you will realize that you don't even miss it at all.

Let me know if it works with you!

D

for the record, you are not addicted to soda as soda is not a physically addictive substance.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Well. That went well.