Avacado

Options
sugarkrys
sugarkrys Posts: 4 Member
I'm looking for recipes with avacodo, quick and easy is best!

Replies

• AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love an over-medium egg over wilted spinach with diced avocado and salsa.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sliced up in a sandwich or wrap (turkey and bacon is best!)
    Use in place of mayo in deviled eggs.
    Tucked in tacos (steak is my favorite!) with a sprinkle of salt, squeeze of lime, and cilantro.
    Guacamole, of course.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Dice it up and put it on rice and black beans with a little salsa and lime juice.
    Turn it into easy pasta sauce (http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/)
    Use it in a sandwich in place of cheese or mayo (or WITH cheese, if you're not worried about the fat content--we used to go to a great restaurant that served an avocado sandwich with tomato, cheddar, and sunflower seeds on whole wheat bread)
    Make chocolate mousse (https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11379/the-best-vegan-chocolate-mousse-youll-ever-put-in-your-mouth.html)
    These tacos, or some similar variation: https://gardein.com/recipes/beefless-soft-tacos/
    Top chili or black bean soup with it
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love making guacamole with avocados...then you can spread it all over everything
  • jesscaboose
    jesscaboose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mix avacado with Greek yogurt and freeze it. Drizzle some honey on top before you eat it. It's a pretty tasty ice cream replacement.
  • tonyzurenda
    tonyzurenda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tend to agree with you I don't think having an avocado turn into an ice cream would be "tasty", they aren't meant to be frozen
  • monstar4kc
    monstar4kc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Avocado ice cream? Hmmm...not sure if that would be tasty to me. If your going to go the alternative ice cream route, do shaved ice or Halo Top. An entire pint of vanilla bean is 240 calories.

For avocado, I do what other posters have said, on top of a bagel thin or wheat toast with either tomato or an egg. For lunch I eat avocado with my turkey sandwiches instead of using mayo. For dinner, I like avocado's on pretty much everything. Just a slice or two on top of chicken breast is to-die-for!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tend to agree with you I don't think having an avocado turn into an ice cream would be "tasty", they aren't meant to be frozen

I wouldn't want avocado blended with yogurt as an ice cream replacement, but avocados do perfectly fine when frozen. I often use 1/4 or 1/2 of a frozen avocado in a smoothie and it turns out really well.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast with a soft boiled egg on top

Yep.
  • Natso29
    Natso29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups fresh spinach, 1/4 or 1/2 an avocado either cubed or mashed, 1 super over easy egg all mixed toogether. Season with hot sauce or salt and pepper. My absolute favourite breakfast and it only takes minutes to make!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Put it in things. Like Mexican dishes and salad. Rocket science.
  • jamskybly
    jamskybly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My personal favourites: Tuna and avocado rice cakes, a simple avocado salad
  • jasperandlady1960
    jasperandlady1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make an avocado salad. It contains diced tomatoes, corn, purple onion and of course avocados. Then I sprinkle lime juice over it all.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Put it in things. Like Mexican dishes and salad. Rocket science.

This!

I smush my avocado, add salt, herbs and spices, and thin it out with ACV for salad dressing.

• Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I just take the pit out, sprinkle with lime and salt and eat it with a spoon.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Avocado Yogurt Spread is my new fav.
    Mix one ripe avocado and 1/2 cup yogurt in the blender. Add S& P to taste. For variety, add juice of 1/2 lime and 1/4 tsp chili powder. You can mix by hand if you prefer.
    Use it as a dip or spread or sauce on just about anything that you would use mayo, sour cream, etc for. It even works as a topping on grilled chicken or fish. Or just eat it straight out of the bowl. It's that good!
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options