Is fruit calorie measured only by the edible part?

Options
I know this might seem like a dumb question but its something I'm not sure of, when I weigh an unpeeled orange an it says 100 grams do I remeasure it after I peel it and count just the calories of the part I eat or do I count the weight with the peel on it. Also wondering about the same for bananas, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc. Basically any fruit you don't tend to eat the skin on do you just count the unpeeled weight?

Sorry for this question

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I only count edible portion, meat, fruit, veggies..everything.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need only log the part you eat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For fruits where the peel is commonly eaten (like apples) you can often find "apple w/ peel" and "apple w/o peel," and you should use the correct entry. For the ones you name, where ordinarily the peel is not eaten, you weigh only the part you eat.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    These guys are correct. I always log the whole thing though because I usually weigh it before I leave for work and don't have a scale at work and don't really wanna bring back skins or cores to weigh them and subtract it from my diary. It's not that many calories for me so it doesn't matter much. Might matter more if you have a small deficit.